Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, I own a 2004 Ninja zx6r zx636 that I bought used. The Spedometer Gauge is burned or something and I cant see the Speed, millage or Coolant temp. readings. On top of that the Speedo goes crazy at times, I can be at a stop and the things starts displaying "100mph, 288mph, 88mph, 90mph, etc", and the RPMs also start to go crazy, often rising up to redline and then coming back down and repeating the cycle. I noticed that this affects my Millage, when I got it it displayed 36k miles, now in the short months I've had it it shows 40k plus. I've ridden her no more than 20 milles. Now I dont know her true millage wich is confussing for meintenance.
So I'm looking for a good used gauge but cant find any from the 03/04's. I found a couple from the 05/06 models but heard the speed sensor is different so it wont give an accurate reading.
Is there anything I can do?
How should I proceed?
Can I run the 05/06 gauge on the 04 model, if what do I need to make it work?

THANKS and sorry for bothering you guys!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jdgun_13!!
Yea i dont like the 07+ gauge style. Also, I cant access your link, it says error and takes me back to this page.

·
Premium Member
10,453 Posts
there is an 03 gauge for your bike on ebay $70

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I manneged to acces the link, thanks by the way. But doesnt it look too good to be true?

·
Premium Member
10,453 Posts
Not really... I am still on the fence about selling my OEM one from my 03 zx6rr..... Would sell mine for $80 and shipping

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok, just thought that it would be more expensive. Were I live we have gotten hit with high prices even on cheap quality 3rd party stuff. And scams are all over the place.
Does the RR one fit the 6R?
Isnt it different sensors or something.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How can I contact you for purchase and delivery info if im interested. And can I get some pictures of it. If youre willing to do so of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts