Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Is there a rev limiter on a 2005 ZZR600? I have gotten up to 14.5k rpms and it didn't look like it bounced at all (14.5 is where my red line starts). So, just for safety reasons... do we have the rev limiter? If so, what is it set at?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yes, it does have a rev limiter. The engine will hit it about 500 - 750 rpm after the redline.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes, it definitely has one. I am not exactly sure of what rpm it activates.

I had a guy following me the other night and he asked me how got my exhaust to shoot fire like that. I was riding a wheelie at the time and kind of sheepishly explained to him that I had hit the rev limiter. lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
:) that means your bike is running well, viking :)

i rode out a 10'oclock wheelie last night until it ran out of gear....man those are AWESOME

if you let it sit there and bounce on the rev limiter, it will keep climibing gradually...i havent gotten it past 16...im skurred....and it really doesent do anything for the bike except make it sound like it's gonna blow up...so uhhh only you can prevent forest fires.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
I hit my rev limiter at about 15k or just over, i see the needle does flicker to 16k but only as the limiter kicks in and drops it back to about 13.5/14k before holding it there. I am always bouncing off mine not because i dont know when to change gear but i love the feel of the kick back and the arse end lighting up :) (boys and their toys huh).

Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.