Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by psd
am i the only person who does this?
no..

(btw, should have posted this in the ZX636 forum if you're still riding a 2006 ;))

I do it too.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by Kalvin00
I don't bother.....but i'm lazy.
It's really not like it requires a lot of effort.. It's second nature to me. lol

·
Registered
997 Posts
Its the only way to ride i can't think of riding anyother way and would really have to concentrate not do it as its second nature....

So what u just kknock it down gears and lurch forward each time even with a slipper clutch its not smooth & can't be good on your tranny..?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Practice tdahle. That's all it takes.

Start off with the 6th to 5th shift, and once you've got the hang of that one, work on the other gears.

G

·
Originally posted by barnes
Its the only way to ride i can't think of riding anyother way and would really have to concentrate not do it as its second nature....

So what u just kknock it down gears and lurch forward each time even with a slipper clutch its not smooth & can't be good on your tranny..?
[:+1]

G

·
Originally posted by trig
Some times when I downshift or upshift between first, second, and third, it doesn't go and it makes a awful and scary sound...is my transmission broken already?
no but it sounds like ur foot is

bang that bitch hard! [:p]

and u say i cant shift [:M45]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by trig

Yea but it does it even more when I purposely beat the shit out of it...and this is regular riding, not racing GTO's. :D
It's probably pretty hard to shift in high heels..

OHHHHHH SNAP!

·
Registered
418 Posts
when i first started doing it it was hard to get the timing right. now i can dive into a corner with a 2 gear down shift and i dont even feel it. definatly something you should learn to do even if you dont use it all of the time.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
It's hard to explain, but basically you "rev" after you down shift and while re-engaging the clutch so they engine doesn't jump forward from such harsh engine braking.

I know the amount to do it naturally, and don't use the tach to decide, but basically if your traveling in 3rd at 6k rpm and want to down shift, you would pull clutch in, downshift, let clutch out and let the engine speed up to about 8k rpm to "match" engine speeds from gear to gear.

You'll learn what to much and too little is and eventually enjoy a much more automatic tranny feel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.