Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 636

i have a friend who works at a bike dealership and owns an 05 636 he told me that if i rotated the shift linkage 180 degrees it would reverse my shift to 1 down and 5 up, he said he did on his 636 anyone know how true this is??

·
Registered
56 Posts
why would you want one down and five up? most people switch it so its one up and five down so you can bang the upshift

·
Registered
692 Posts
depending on how long you have been riding im sure this would just make you lose it.. lmao its kinda like a righty writing with a left hand :x

·
Registered
203 Posts
it doesnt take that long to get used to.
i was using normal shifting for 3 years on my r6.
i bought this kawi a little over a week ago, that was set up reverse shifting, and i'm already comfortable with it.
the first couple days i was shifting out of instinct and had to catch myself...
it's all preference, really...

·
Registered
103 Posts
stock is 1 down 5 up so if that's what you're looking for don't bother. I honestly don't think it makes a difference. Either way your shifts will be quick.

·
Registered
230 Posts
RACERS do it because when you kick down into a gear, you for sure know it's in that gear, and prevents miss shifting and FALSE NEUTRALS... also it's easier when in full tuck to just tap down rather than having to swing your foot around the shifter... and when you slow down you move foward on you bike so your foot is in a better possition to kick it up.... and the number one reason I have it set on my bike... so squids can't steal it...

all you have to do is just get used to moving back on your bike when accelerating, and moving penis to take when slowing down... that helped me get used to it faster....

kow wee

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by Kow wee
RACERS do it because when you kick down into a gear, you for sure know it's in that gear, and prevents miss shifting and FALSE NEUTRALS... also it's easier when in full tuck to just tap down rather than having to swing your foot around the shifter... and when you slow down you move foward on you bike so your foot is in a better possition to kick it up.... and the number one reason I have it set on my bike... so squids can't steal it...

all you have to do is just get used to moving back on your bike when accelerating, and moving penis to take when slowing down... that helped me get used to it faster....

kow wee
Another reason is when racers are upshifting at full lean, their foot isn't under the lever reducing ground clearance.

I say do it if you want, but I see no reason to justify myself doing it.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
Originally posted by Mandrews
i have an 06 636

i have a friend who works at a bike dealership and owns an 05 636 he told me that if i rotated the shift linkage 180 degrees it would reverse my shift to 1 down and 5 up, he said he did on his 636 anyone know how true this is??
It's a very easy switch and there is a good "how to" with pics. I did mine and love it. It's great for the track and it doesn't take long to get used to.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
i want it my friend has it on his zx10 and it nice and no miss shifts which is great i am going to the how to section now [:p] want to do it today after work [:p]

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I have it and every bike of mine from now on will have it.

--David

·
Registered
246 Posts
I did mine on my 03 6rr and love it. It doesn't take long to get used to at all. I rode my old CBR with stock shifting for almost 3 years and bought this and though that I would try the reverse shifting. It is awesome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.