Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an rf-1000 and i cant get the shield to not fog up while riding with it down i tryed running the nose and chin guard helped a bit but it still fog's anyone have any magic tricks to make it stop?

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Never had a problem with mine

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Ya, the nose guard should help. Running w/the vents open should help. I have a TZ-R right now but, my last helmet was a 1000. The only time that I have problems w/fogging is when I don't open the shield at a stop light. Even then the fog usually dissipates by the time that I get up around 30 mph.

You can also buy anti-fog wipes that will help.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
i've only had mine fog at the drag strip (because I am forced to breath into the helmet), or when there is high humidity.

You are lifting the visor tab on the left side of the helmet right?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeah I use the nose guard thing as well, doesn't stop it completely but makes it so your breath goes up to your forehead then towards the visor instead of just up into the space.

I can only get it to fog at stoplight, usually at night. Its not humid here so it never fogs during the day. Visor defogging vent always open.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, My RF-1000 also fogs up but mainly in the AM, riding to work when it's a little colder out. I went to my local motorcycle shop and got a fog city insert, that you install on the inside of the shield it works awsome!!! No fog at all. they come in clear,tinted and amber

·
Registered
679 Posts
Are you referring to me? I never washed the lense, I always wiped the outside with water and a cloth to remove dust and dead bugs. I washed the inside, but with water only. FYI this is the tinted visor. I just rubbed some Barbasol and bam gone!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.