Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It uses the stock passenger seat lock, so in theory you could put alot of weight on it, considering that a passenger can sit there.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
That price is a rip-off IMO.

R&D was a steal for them I bet...take out a pair of calipers and reverse engineer the stock bracket, bolt it to a formed pan, and charge 1000% of the costs to consumer.

Even a one-off custom job would cost a person/company less than $130 dollars.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is true. But it is a pretty good idea. You could buy a stock passenger seat and maybe fab up one for much cheaper, not sure how much a stock passenger seat would cost ya. I'm looking for an alternative to the ventura rach system. I think it is the best out there, but their expensive.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
its a great idea but it looks loke shit if there is nothing on it. it would be nice if they could come up with something a little easier on the eyes. Really i think it would be good if they just had hooks that could flip out from under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya without anything on it it looks like shit. But the ability to tie down a pack and not have to worry about the tie downs scratching the shit out of my plastics is awesome.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've got a Ventura Luggage System on my 6R and love it. Holds a ton of stuff and doesn't look like shit when I'm not using it.

When you take it off only the bars running on the side of the tail stay on. Not too bad :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Originally posted by danthony12321
I've got a Ventura Luggage System on my 6R and love it. Holds a ton of stuff and doesn't look like shit when I'm not using it.

Is that Utah? Somewhere near Moab? Love that area. Looks like you were on a long treak with all tha baggage - how did you hold up on the 636? I just bought an 03 also (it's getting serviced in shop, havne't even turned it on yet) but i can imagine it's not to comfortable - though i'd love to be able to go long distance. I drove my Suzuki C50 from LA to Moab, all back roads, so frickn' cool taking long distance trips... anyway.. this really doesn' have much to do with the original post :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Originally posted by ben8jam
Is that Utah? Somewhere near Moab? Love that area. Looks like you were on a long treak with all tha baggage - how did you hold up on the 636? I just bought an 03 also (it's getting serviced in shop, havne't even turned it on yet) but i can imagine it's not to comfortable - though i'd love to be able to go long distance. I drove my Suzuki C50 from LA to Moab, all back roads, so frickn' cool taking long distance trips... anyway.. this really doesn' have much to do with the original post :)
I dont remember exactly where that picture was taken, probably Utah, or far western Colorado. I took the ZX6R from Philly to the USGP this past summer. Here is a picture thread about it:

http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68381

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i like the idea. looks like crap when empty, and i bet you could get a back seat off ebay for cheap and make your own. but great idea.

·
Registered
543 Posts
looks like pretty cheap workmanship. chances are it's a piece of total shit.....besides i'm pretty sure the company is comprised of total fucking morons when you consider they're ignorant enought to name their company 'rice-rocket-racks'!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by Moltenice
what do you think about the back seat thing for long commutes?

This is what I use for my commute. It doesn't look too "cool", but a hell of a lot better than that rack. Then again I don't really care how cool it looks, I'm just happy to be able to shed the back pack...

·
Registered
192 Posts
thats the dumbest thing i have ever seen.
might as well get saddlebags or a car!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I think I might just make my own. It's a good idea, but I'm not paying $130 for something that I can build using some scrap metal. The only thing it would cost me would be a 12 pack of beer to give to my buddy for welding it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.