Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much and how do you adjust ride height on the 636? KawA website says that the rear end is adjustable via shims. Can anyone elaborate on what has to be done to let the back end down a little?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Muzzys has improved the lowering links for the ZX-12, 9, 6 and the GSX-R1300 with the addition of a second adjustment which permits an intermediate setting. The bike can be run stock height or lowered approximately 1 1/4" or 2 1/2" depending on the rider's preference. When run with lowered forks or a front end strap (sold below), the lowering links provide the lower center of gravity that makes those nine second launches possible! These gold anodized links are machined from billet and are easily installed or changed.

http://www.muzzys.com

·
Registered
67 Posts
You should find there's one 5 or 6mm shim (spacer) already fitted. You can remove it if you want, but it will affect the bike's handling, as will the lowering kits mentioned above.

jb

·
Registered
136 Posts
i found the shim on thetop of teh rear shock,,, and was thinkin about removing it and replacing with a few washers depending on how low i wanted to go
question is ................how much if any, will this affect handling/cornering stability??????

·
Registered
37 Posts
Originally posted by Skelatorr
i found the shim on thetop of teh rear shock,,, and was thinkin about removing it and replacing with a few washers depending on how low i wanted to go
question is ................how much if any, will this affect handling/cornering stability??????
If you remove the rear shim, you have to raise the front forks 10mm to get back to your normal turn-in rates. if you don't, the bike will steer very slow and heavy. I think Kawasaki makes spacers that will replace the shim and they are open on one side so you can slip them in easily. The hard part is getting the shim off because you have to almost take the shock off to get the shim off. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.