Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got my ZX6R a couple weeks ago and i love it, only quirk is that i would like for it to sit a little lower. my feet reach the ground but, they're not completely planted on the soles. does the stock suspension have enough adjustment for me to lower it enough to make it a bit more comfortable? or should i look for a different dog bone? thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
The front is easily lowered by raising the forks in the clamps. There isnt really alot of height adjustment in the rear tho without going to different dogbones. And you want to be carefull with lowering both front and rear depending on what your weight is. If you weigh enough, you could end up bottoming out the suspensio while riding after its been lowered. The place I would start personally is with the seat. Find an upholstery shop that can take some of the padding out of the seat and start there. You might be able to make the adjustment there and leave the suspension alone, just adjusting it to fit your weight and riding style.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Don't mess with lowering the bike. Throws off lean angles and shit like that. Shave the seat as Xtremewlr said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.