Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey count me in provided Customs doesn't feel like giving me a hard time about having a temp license plate here. Granted I am from Michigan I wouldn't mind hangin' with you lot. Is the 401 the E.C. ?

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Registered
468 Posts
Im sure my buddy and I would be down for a good session this Sunday.

Go green or go home...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Dunno if any of you Southern Ontario riders are into riding this Sunday, but my usual "gang" is heading from the 401/Hwy 6 area up to Wasaga Beach. We'll be going through Belfountain and Hockley Valley (both great twisties) and ending up at the beach, then hangin' out for a bite and a drink and heading back to do it all over again. Anyone interested in more details can post here or send me a mail... got about 12-14 confirmed guys so far. Riding levels vary from 2nd year to, ahem, seasoned vets...

BoyRacer? CDN? Bothendsup? Others?

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I think we'll all be meeting in Belfountain at around 10:00 am... for those not familiar with the area, it's the Forks of the Credit road that runs between Erin and Highway 10... about 15 minutes of some pretty wicked twisties... from there heading north up through Hockley Valley (north of Orangeville). Again, if you're interested, look for a group of about 14-17 guys when you're in Belfountain. Might stop for breakfast in the area too... about 5 ZX6R's of various years, a Gix 750, a Gix 1000, a 954 Honda, a TL1000R, about 4 R6's, a couple ZX9R's, and a Hayabusa. And ya can't miss that sweetness 636 in "f*** me red" with the Akrapovic singing away... heh...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Guys, sorry, slight change of plans...

Same day, meeting at 9am at Ken's Restaurant in Guelph, Ontario, and heading south down through some good twisty roads and down to St. Catherines / Niagara Falls area. If you're interested, we'll definitely be meeting 9am at Ken's (Woodlawn Road W in Guelph at Silvercreek Parkway) and taking off from there 9am sharp.

PROBABLY go to the Ice House in Cambridge for about 9:30, then the back way down through Waterdown and Dundas and down the escarpment roads into St. Catharines.

CDN? Cambridge? BoyRacer? Wan2Fly? Others? Hope to see yas out.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hey CDN...

Never got INTO St. Kitts today... made it to Effingham Road and Twenty Mile Road though, got some good riding in. My cell died sitting in my storage compartment and when I went to call you from Jordan I couldn't. Argh.

We'll hook up yet.

To Wan2Fly, hey thanks for coming out bro... and so much for breakin' the new RR in easy huh? LOL... oh well, some will argue that's the BEST way to break her in. For a guy who's been off bikes as long as you have, I'd have to say you kept pace pretty good... nice work! We'll get out again soon... and those chicken strips will be coming off steadily each ride from here on in! Thanks again for joining us. We're gonna have to chat about that race kit you've got on order... ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Hey CDN...

Never got INTO St. Kitts today... made it to Effingham Road and Twenty Mile Road though, got some good riding in. My cell died sitting in my storage compartment and when I went to call you from Jordan I couldn't. Argh.

We'll hook up yet.

To Wan2Fly, hey thanks for coming out bro... and so much for breakin' the new RR in easy huh? LOL... oh well, some will argue that's the BEST way to break her in. For a guy who's been off bikes as long as you have, I'd have to say you kept pace pretty good... nice work! We'll get out again soon... and those chicken strips will be coming off steadily each ride from here on in! Thanks again for joining us. We're gonna have to chat about that race kit you've got on order... ;)

This was indeed an excellent time even though I was in the dog house for being late. I would do it again.

You guys were all an excellent group to ride with, should there be another way to really break my bike in...LOL...LOL...From the 120KM I started with at 9:00AM and finished with about 590KM by 17:30 I would say the bike is now ready for the TI Akro.

IMPORTANT TO THE OTHER RIDERS WHO MISSED THIS ONE: All I can say to those who are in our area, I really think you missed a excellent day, ride and most of all an awesome bunch of guys to ride with. All of them had lots of skill, experience, great/well kept bikes and very diverse back grounds. This is great for networking.

I look forward to many more short and long rides. As for the stripes will get there as you said, need to get my slider order in to help easy my damages...LOL...LOL..I look forward to talking with you more on the race kit...And who knows maybe we will swap bikes for a bit of another trip....Will wait to my full break-in is done...Cause I know you will break it in before I do...LOL..LOL...:D.

To end on a positive note....Many, many thanks to the bunch I did ride with on the trip, meant a lot to me to link up.

OH---> forgot to say my wrists and my hand are still sore from this eventfull day. Show how long it's really been and my old age mucsles are now being worked. I recall you saying this was one of your longest rides, not sure if it was to get my goat or not...[8D]....All I can say would do it again.

Many thanks,
Wan2Fly

Point A to point B is always faster when you Fly!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Here's a couple shots from the ride we had...

First one is prior to take-off in the morning...

Second one is at our first attempted stop for lunch...

Ended up being 18 riders at max, some left earlier than others...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.