Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a very nice weekend ride( ~4hr. one way from Boston ) Unfortunately just 1 Kawi.

In a car wash, waiting for tstorm to pass by.LOL

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeh, it was pretty cool. We were lucky to get a couple sunny days. Locals say usually it's cloudy up on a mountain, so you can't see shit.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
That car wash pic reminds me of a storm I got stuck in last year. (though I didn't sit in the automatic one) I was soaking wet and the lightning was picking up so I parked in a car wash and had to pee. I figured heck, there's a drain right there I'll just go. Wasn't until about 5 minutes later I looked up to realize there was a security camera pointed right at me. Got me, mini me, and my license plate.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Cool pics, I love riding through scenery like that. I visited the mountain last year when I went to Laconia, but we weren't able to ride up it because it had been raining a lot and the road was closed to motorcycles. It sucked, because it took us a few hours to get there from Wiers beach, but it was a fun ride and I look forward to attempting it some other time. Very nice, hot 636.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i live about 20-30 mins from Mt. Washington. the riding is great up here. going through the mountains, like Crawford notch and Pinkham notch are great rides. you can really wind the bike up. anytime anyone is gonna be in the area, PM me.

-John

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hurricane Mountain Rd is an amazing road, assuming you dont get any H2s coming the other way. I've been dying to get my bike up Mt Washington but last time I was up the weather was crap.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow I just saw this thread and those are some great pics.

Keep them comming.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
oh damn i wish i had know you guys were comming up here! woulda joined up with you for a while or something. oh well, but the next time your thinking of comming up this way let me know and we'll all meet up!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
And to think I would never see motorcycles in a carwash.... great pics looks like alot of fun thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Devil you need to come out here to SoCal. There is some geat riding out here...and I'ld actually get to meet you in person.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride but I am curious as to why it took 4 hours from beantown? did you shoot straight up I-93 or take the scenic route? I'm about 70 miles west of Boston and 1 1/2 hours from I-93 and it only takes me about 3 hours to get up there. I take a lot of back roads to get to Concord and on I-93. Just wondering...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by yellosuzku
Sounds like a fun ride but I am curious as to why it took 4 hours from beantown? did you shoot straight up I-93 or take the scenic route? I'm about 70 miles west of Boston and 1 1/2 hours from I-93 and it only takes me about 3 hours to get up there. I take a lot of back roads to get to Concord and on I-93. Just wondering...
That includes stopping and fuelling time :) and stuff. We took 93 to Frankonia(<spelling?)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Devilspawn
oh damn i wish i had know you guys were comming up here! woulda joined up with you for a while or something. oh well, but the next time your thinking of comming up this way let me know and we'll all meet up!
Yeh Devils, I'll keep you in mind next time we ride up to NH. This trip was kinda unexpected for me. I found out about it only about 12 hours before the start:), so didn't really have time to plan anything and just got a good night sleep before leaving in the morning.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes we do have some nice scenic roads up here. If you go riding with devil just don't let her stop next to you [B)] she might fall over on ya....

·
Registered
130 Posts
NH does take much better care of their roads than Taxachusetts. You should see Main St. in my town, it is absolutley awful, and Rt. 32, which is the quickest way to NH for me, is not an option, I drive 20 miles extra to avoid the road completely. They are that bad...
Maybe I can get some pics soon to give you a better understanding

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.