Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rain or shine, I'm riding to work!

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thought some of you might be interested to know that Ride to Work Day is coming up next month on July 16th. A buddy of mine forwarded me a link to the site & I think its a great way to make the general public more aware. Check out the site at...

www.ridetowork.org/index1.html

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling." -Margaret Lee Runbeck
------------
Red 03 ZX6R

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sounds like a good idea...it might even warm up and stop raining by then.

Old enough to know better...young enough not to care.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true, i ride to work every day i can...but it's alittle hard when it's raining and you work in an office...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I have a company vehicle for back and forth to work, but I'll ride it when I get home :D.

------
Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I agree with inca_jones...everyday is ride to work day, at least for those of us in sunny so cal. Sorry to hear the weather isn't cooperaing in some parts of the states. So Cal had kinda late start to summer too, but now it is full effect. It's like 80 at the beach and 90 inland. But you can bet I'll ride on the 16th too. Hope to see many sport bikes on the road that day!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I ride to work any day I look outside and it's sunny. I have also come to regret some of those decisions with late afternoon thunder storms. Somehow it's still worth it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Damn, I need to get a job by july 16th now! j/k That's a great idea, as raising the public's awareness of motorcyclists and their rights is much needed.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I hope to see other zx6r.com members that day. Maybe we can think of a sign to show that we are zx6r.com members, so we can recognize each other. :)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I think we should "invent" a zx6r.com sticker with our nickname fashioned into it somehow. I've been thinking of putting one under my passenger seat on the fairing for a while now, but I want it to look sweet, and haven't had any creative ideas yet.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks like I might not be able to ride my bike to work...my steering stem is buggered up....

maybe i can ride my girlfriends 250 to work....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Originally posted by Andy_7676

looks like I might not be able to ride my bike to work...my steering stem is buggered up....

maybe i can ride my girlfriends 250 to work....
That sucks dude. For the rest of you hope to see you out tomorrow. Spread the word!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.