Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how far do you ride to work and back home
1) i travel 77 miles one way from tucson AZ to casa grande AZ its 154 round trip or 770 a week or 3080 a month some times i think im stupid for going so far to work but i love the ride home in the morning there are no po po out on the interstate and i can make realy good time like 50 mins to work

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'd say you're more lucky than stupid.

It must be great to start and end the workday with a ride. I would love to ride to work, except that going from NJ into NYC in rush hour traffic on a bike is not necessarily my idea of fun.

Maybe if I get a job somewhere else...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
my daily drive is about 20 miles (40 roundtrip) give or take... in the mornings it takes me about an hour to get here but norm it takes about 30-40 min with normal traffic... i dont think that i could do that much traveling as you do stang... with gas prices the way they are and then all the other things i need to do to my bike... the cost would add up so fast and i wouldnt have any more money for what i need...

·
Registered
562 Posts
I do about 22 miles one way and any more than that I probably wouldn't ride, only b/c I am in sales
and have to bring cloths to work. But the gas is killer, so I save alot bike vs Ford F150.

--Anthony

·
Registered
863 Posts
I actually live just 2 miles from work, and school is only 12 miles from home but i only go to classes three days a week. Thursdays are when I go riding with my friends...we follow that like a religion.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
4.5 miles to work, thats why I don't even bother to take the bike all the time. It is less than five miles down a busy traffic infested road, and theres hardly a curve on it.

If you enjoy the commute, theres nothing wrong with having so many miles to go to work. Some areas are a lot more scenic than here and I wouldn't mind having a long commute either if it meant I'd get to fly through the blue ridge mountains or along a coastal highway before going to work each day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
8 miles thru the city which takes me about 20 minutes when I go into work about 4:30pm and about 10-15 minutes when I leave work about 5:30am ish.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Only about an 8 mile ride each way here... but soon to increase to 14 (office moving). Not looking forward to it, since it's expressway in traffic.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
bout 12 miles one way, country highway and traffic isn't bad. i drive my bike everyday unless it's raining hard or i need my truck for something after work. :D

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
you ain't stupid....you're very lucky.

My summer commute was 30 minutes all highway.

During school I live on campus so I rarely get to ride. That's what the weekends are for I guess...bleh....

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
30 miles total for me but the ride in the morning is always refreshing as it gives me a good wake up and the ride home is usually tiresome but allows me to relax and enjoy the ride. I ride to work as much as I can.

·
Registered
683 Posts
For me 5 miles one way but I do know a guy that rides from here to Corpus Cristie everyday on his 2006 ZX-6R. 150+ miles one way.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
It's +10 miles each way for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i looked at the poll in this forum on how many miles you got on your bike seem like alot of us have more than 10k on our bikes if you love to ride put in the seat time hope i have more than 25k on it this time next year its still cheaper than driving my car its a pos but its a good work car it has 380,000 on it now lol what a pos

·
Registered
748 Posts
dude, that run from tucson to casa grande would put me to sleep on the way home. i was TDY to tucson several years back, and took a few trips up i10.
i started a new job 4 months ago and now i'm commuting up & down i75 mon-fri. it's a straight shot from home to work (other than perimeter rd around the airport hehe), but i do have traffic and rain to keep things "interesting".

d'oh... the commute is 32 miles each way.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I ride a lil over 25 miles each way. It works out well though, I go against normal rush hour traffic and make great time. Today the bike was running so smooth and fast, made it in less than 20 minutes. Oh, about 22 of the miles is parkway riding.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.