Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today, which was nice turned out to be a new and unpleasant experience. i was cruising along through some twistes and alt. routes, and then all the sudden i felt what i thought was little bugs hitting me.... turns out it was the beginning of a heavy rain storm.

i tried to find cover, and couldnt decide if i should head to the next town or to turn around..... i eventually turned around and outran the rain, but not after i got "tatooed" on my arms by the rain slamming into me breaking blood vessels close to the skin. it felt like a tatoo as i was getting soaked. ohh, and i was soaked.

new experience, some knowledge gained. try it some time.:D

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
www.weather.com is your best friend

i check the weather every morning before i ride to work. i also check the weather at least once an hour while at work. my co-workers know i ride too so they warn me of any rain in the area.

as much as i hate driving my cage (and i havent in about two months), i have no interest in riding in the rain.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
i also check weather.com every day before i go riding. Riding in the rain sucks balls.

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by weaver
but not after i got "tatooed" on my arms by the rain slamming into me breaking blood vessels close to the skin. it felt like a tatoo as i was getting soaked. ohh, and i was soaked.
no jacket huh [:M86]

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Ninjakid beat me to it with the jacket comment. Still, even with a jacket I hate riding in the rain. I always check weather.com before I ride.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im right there with ya. I checked weatherchannel.com and they lied!!! Supposed to be a clear sunny day. NOPE got rained on twice (HEAVY THUNDERSTORMS). Then a tractor trailer about ran me off the road, he started pulling over on top of me. He saw me and jerked it back over. Then as i was going the last couple of miles down the interstate i saw a dude on a gold wing go rolling /skidding/flipping into the median. There was a trooper tucked away in the woods, i think he saw the trooper and nailed his breaks and it cost him.
The ambulance was there almost immediately that was a good thing though.
I think ill try weather.com now instead of weatherchannel.com and see how that does.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i hate riding in the rain out here as it makes the roads that much worse, and they are already hell to ride on... but i check weather.com all the time, and also have a widget on my computer for them so it makes it that much better.... the nice thing about weather.com is the hour by hour so i can plan if i need to take my truck or bike to school...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.