Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a 03 636 and being 6'1" are a bit weary of being abit tall for the bike. How do you taller guys find the comfort and fit on the bike? Especially for longer rides?

At 180lb how is this weight suited to the 636?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Im 200 6'4" and I feel great on it. I actually feel like the bike is built just perfect for my height and weight. Wy legs still fit in the tank groove just right. I think the the shorter people (5'5" or shorter) are the ones that actually have the problems.

·
Registered
335 Posts
6'2" and 210 here and it fits quite well. It still has the ergonomics of a sportbike, but otherwise it works just fine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm on a 1995, so a 2003 may be different...

I'm 6'3 265lbs. I'm not fat, but I'm not all muscle. I have no issues with the bike. I can stay on it as long as anyone else I'm with when it comes to long ride. I'm sure I can't ride the big as hard as a lighter guy in the corners (speed wobble starts sooner the heavier the rider right?). With my strenght/weight I can throw the bike around fairly easily.

With tht being said I've been told I look like a monkey fucking a football on it. But hey, it's my 1st bike and I gota good deal on it. Maybe someday I'll get that new 1000 kawai is coming out with.

But to answer your question, I have no issues with my size for the bike. You may get some comments from people (I do at least) but they are usually from people who don't know what they are talking about

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm 6' at 175lbs. While I ride an '02... the '03's that I've sat on and rode felt comparable to sex.

- meaning, it felt great.

·
Registered
558 Posts
you guys have it made...i'm 6'9 and all i need is extended rear sets and the shim to raise the rear an inch...i don't have either yet and the ride doesn't bother me long or short.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm 6'1" 220 right now and I find the bike is tailored for me. Just had to adjust the lever angles, but otherwise it fits me great... always feel like something's wrong now when I ride another bike. The stock suspension definitely caters to heavier riders too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.