Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any riders in eastern NC. i am about 20 miles from greenville. if it ever stops raining lets ride.[8D]

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Kaos

Whats up man. I am over in Greensboro.

2003 Red 636
nothing much man. mostly everything I see these days is coming down. Know what I am saying? Have not ridden over 50 miles in the past couple of weeks. Hope the rain has missed you but I doubt it. So, how you like the new 6r? Sure wish one of those shiny cans and hugger came on my 02.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey guys, Im over here in Raleigh over by NC State. I still need to finish breaking in my bike but lets hook up and ride some time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys, I'm coming from Fayetteville *ugh* The scene around here is major squidfest. So far I've seen 2 helmets fall off the top of these punks heads on quick takeoffs *They think its "cool" to have a full face helmet rest half on -half off,* about 100+ times where they take off from a light and basically drag their feet for 100 meters, 1000+ times where they are doing wheelies and stoppies in the middle of traffic with shorts and freakin tank tops and sandles. Oh, and every time I go by the burger king at the main intersection theres about 10 guys there posing. I love the influence army bases have on cities. Anyway, I head up to Raleigh or down to Wrightsville beach every weekend, one of these weekends we should hook up and have ourselves a good time in the twisties. Peace, Greg

·
Registered
159 Posts
Greg,
Let me know if you want to ride some time, I know that this week its supposed to rain untill monday, and my bike will be in the shop for my 500mi service, but write me an email and we'll ride.

[email protected]

Adam

·
Registered
239 Posts
hey wassup guys,

i am located in raleigh; my bf & i both have '03 636's. let me know if you are planning a ride sometime. we just met w/ a guy on an r6 tonight when we were out riding and he was telling me about some kind of sport bike show that is going on a the fairgrounds here in raleigh on june 28th. i'll try to find more info on that if anyone is interested.

steph

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man, these storms have been comin and goin without any warning. Hope yall had a good weekend. Maybe this sunday we can get something together?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i'm also in cary, nc. i be the bf referred to in silverzx6r's post. i see a few more people in raleigh. lets all meet up sometime. i would love to get to know more people with kawis locally.

-alex

·
Registered
159 Posts
Alex and Steph
Hey guys, Like I said I am located in the Downtown area of Raleigh. I know that Greg from Fayetville rides on Sundays, I am pretty much willing to ride when ever it is nice out side and I am not working. That show sounds really cool. Write me an email so we can get together and ride, or if you find out any more info about the show. [email protected] talk to you guys soon

Adam

·
Registered
119 Posts
This weekend is FINALLY suppose to be nice. I think it is suppose to stop raining sometime tomorrow HOPEFULLY. My roomate has a 03 R6 and as long as he don't have work he would come out and ride too. So if all you want to try and meet up this weekend then I am game. Drop me an email at [email protected] and let me know.

2003 Red 636

·
Registered
239 Posts
hi guys,

i have searched all over for info on the said show on june 28, but have turned up nothing. if i bump into the r6 guy again, i will be sure to get all of the details from him, but right now i'm wondering if he might have got his dates mixed up.

on another note, there is a sport bike ride this weekend, sunday 6/22. everyone is meeting at the raleigh grande movie theatre at 8:30 am and then riding over to Michael's in Chapel Hill for breakfast. Try to come if you can, I'm sure it will be a good time. This said, I can't make it :( though b/c I am scheduled to work a 12 hour shift that day, so everyone have some fun for me!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well I am coming from Greensboro so being in Raleigh at 8:30 AM seems a little early for me. What is everyone else doing this weekend?

2003 Red 636

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man I wish I could make it there at 830, but I'll still be heading back from the beach. I'll be up around the chapel hill area around 2 though, if any of y'all are still interested in meeting up. Thank god for my corbin seat and a tankbag to lean on. Peace,
greg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just moved to Charlotte and have come up S.O.L. on meeting many people here. But I did just move from Greensboro where I had the time of my life riding with some crazies there.

If any of you guys get the chance, goto Triad Powersports (On Wendover next to Green Ford) on Tuedays around 6:00. After they close up shop they fire up the grill and hang out. Free food and drinks and a ride afterward. It is ususally a good turnout. They also have a destination each time (Like Jump Bridge in Southern Guilford County) that really kicks ass. Afterwards, one of the guys owns this bar off Tate Street (Group Therapy) and everybody goes there for a couple of drinks and to watch som bike videos. It kicks ass because he ususally lets everybody park on the front porch and raise hell.

If any of yall go, make sure to meet one of the guys on an RC51 (the one with all the factory AMA Honda riders signatures on the tank) and tell him that Scuba Steve sent ya...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Whats up I have an 03 and so do three of my friends. One of our other friends has the CBR600 RR We go riding every Sunday anyone is welcome to go. We usually go up to the Boone area. We are in Winston Salem.

·
Registered
239 Posts
hey guys,

is anyone in NC planning on going to VIR for the AMA superbike championships on Sat 8/31/03? If so, there are 3 of us heading out of Raleigh on Saturday morning. If your interested, we could meet up somewhere to ride up together.

if you are going, it is $10 less if you buy your tickets early. to find out where to get tickets near you, go to http://www.virclub.com/ and click on ticket outlets under the event listing.

Steph

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.