Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a ZX6R owner yet, but I'm ready to buy very soon. My question is for those riders in the New York/New Jersey area. When does is start getting too cold to ride out here? I'm looking at picking up a 2006 Ebony ZX6R because I know I can get a good deal so late in the season, but I just don't know if it'll be worth it to get it now or just wait until next year?

Thanks.

-bc

·
Registered
524 Posts
The winters have been milder the last few years. I rode on the past Christmas eve. Get it now don't wait. You'll thank yourself. PM'd you.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Not so sure myself, but i will coming to west point,NY in october would be nice for a mild winter so i can catch up on riding...
just get the bike and enjoy while you can, winter=MODS MODS MODS

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
i was riding mid january this past year. it was like 45-50 degrees but with a good jacket and some layers it's not that bad.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i ride year round 45 degrees and up ill go out for a ride as long as i home by night time it gets really cold fingers turned a blueish color wants

·
Registered
136 Posts
Originally posted by Quiet Storm
The winters have been milder the last few years. I rode on the past Christmas eve. Get it now don't wait. You'll thank yourself. PM'd you.
I picked mine up in Jan. of 06 and got a couple hundred miles before the spring
But take this maniacs advice[:Agree] at least you'll get some miles on it before the winter and it will be nice and broken in by the next season.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your input fellas. I'm soooooooo ready to get back on the road (my last bike 2003 R6 got jacked).

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
everything happens for a reason. now get your ass on a kawi.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Originally posted by pinksnyper
I ride until about October. But i'm also a pussy
That's right. Pink snapper is a pussy [:p]

Insurance, go with state farm.

Hope you're getting a REALLY good deal on an 06. 07 should be entirely new from the ground up. The 06 is not entirely new since 03. Just very heavily revised. 2007 ZX supersport models are slated to be something really special. The AMA has just approved the use of electronically modulated traction control on supersport and formula xtreme classes if installed at the factory. You know what that means for the new ZX6R? Fly-by-wire. That's just going to be the start. Anyway...... you should really hunt for a great deal on an 06 if that should be your choice.

Mine usually gets parked semi permanently in November and emerges for the spring in March. Winter riding is a great thing every now and then. I personally can't do it that often in bone chilling weather. Although, I do take it out like once or twice a month to satisfy the itch. I just bundle up like an eskimo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.