Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in NC (especially Eastern NC) know of any good routes with some twisties? If I want to hit the mountains where the good stuff is, I will either have to drone out 6 hours or buy/beg/borrow a trailer. I am looking for something not so far from my front door...

·
Registered
88 Posts
hmm.. no good roads till way west of charlotte( I live). Sveral friends of mine actually ride from fayettville to boone/421 and back in 1 day. They cant stand all the straight roads. How far east you talking? There is brushing mountain road, 1hr north of charlotte. Not all that good though.

A group around charlotte try to head to some curves almost every weekend its sunny. IF its sunny this sunday, Me and some others are heading up toward boone again. Hwy 181 and 221 and then 421 rock. Starting to get nice and cool. awesume for riding.

98 6R. TBR slip-on. No poser add-ons.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am from Charlotte, but now am living in Greenville, NC. Gettting to Clt is about 4-5 hrs depending on traffic. I will be over there this weekend but will be visiting parents and without bike. There are some roads out here that are pretty nice but I have to head out to Wahington and Beaufort county to get to them and the police there are not nice, so I would rather not head out there.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I live about 20 miles from G-vegas in Williamston. There are some decent roads here but nothing like the mountains of course. We also go up to Rocky Mount on Sundays to do stunts. There is an old airstrip there. About 1/2 mile long. Best thing is the cops just ride through and watch. As long as we are not drag racing they don't care. We are leaving to go tomorrow at about 2pm. Let me know if you are interested in riding with us sometime. Anywhere between 3 and 20 bikes normally. 50 at Rocky Mount on good days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.