Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I CANNOT for the life of me get the rear axle nut loose. It is on there GOOD. any suggestions. I have some new Sportec M-1's waiting and now i'm stuck!! Yes i did take the cotter pin out. (First question of the first 2 fellas I asked);)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You really need something bigger than the wrench in the tool kit. Get an 18" breaker bar and it will come right off there. Option two is to get a piece of pipe to act as a cheater on the stock wrench.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had to do this with the included wrench.
Basically I had to have one person hold the bike steady while I stood on the wrench and bounced [all 210lbs of me]. Once it broke loose it came off easy.

DT

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
hahah

i also had to bounce on the wrench with all my wieght...I'm 210 lbs as well...

seems like it was on much tighter then the required 96 ft/lbs needed...I think it's 96....

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
rightey tightee leftee louseee .jk. spray it wd-40 and then try it

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i used a hammer the first time to loosen it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the replies. I tried the bouncing on the included wrench idea..to no avail. only 185 lbs though. I used a largedcrescent wrench as well. Guess I'll try the breaker bar or pipe ideas next....good to know others had probs too.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
The longer the cheater bar, the more torque you'll have. I use an old shitty torque wrench to loosen tight bolts, and if that doesn't work, I'll use a hammer on it. Maybe you should put the bike in the back of the truck and drive it to a mechanic. Use an impact wrench on that mutha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.