Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I asked alot of bikers that i meet in the streets if they have a license, and strangely enough about half of them say they only have a permit or no license at all, I live in NYC and chances of getting pulled over is pretty good. I wonder why they would risk it? So which are you??

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Please refer to thread "Your definition of a squid" if your not licensed![:p]:D

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Hey, I'm here in NYC with a full license. But yeah, lots of riders in NYC don't have a license.
BC.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yeah, I feel you Yratellim. Circa '72 myself. As long as I'm not chuggin' metamucil, I ain't too down about it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I used to ride without a license when I was younger. Now that I'm older('72 also) and wiser, my wife made me get it. I was taking a big risk riding without one. I rode a cruiser most of the time and figured I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary to get stopped. Then I wanted a sport bike and new I would be taking a bigger risk without a license. I had to stop and think that I have a family that depends on me and I can't afford to go to jail or loose my bike. So my wife agreed to take the class with me if it would get me motivated to get my license.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I rode for about a year without a licence, but its not worth the risk of what happens if u get pulled over. Cant enjoy ridint if ur always lookin over ur shoulder for a cop or lookin for an exit should one come up behind u unexpectantly

not worth it at all

Take the time
Get ur FULL License & Insurance
Keep ur tags on YOUR bike

Cops Aint playin in DC no mo'

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
rode with a permit for about two months got pulled over on night and got a warning. got off with a warning and hurried up and got my licence.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.