Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering what everyone thinks. I am in Newfoundland and I just got a job in Calgary for next summer (engineering work term) and I was planning on taking my bike but I dont know if I should plan to drive it up or ship it up. I know that the weather here in late April early May can be really nice so coming across the province isn't that big of a deal but what about the rest of the country? Also, do you think that it is just to far of a drive to do on a bike? I've gone on some long rides around NF but not for 6 or 7 days in a row. What do you think?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no doubt that it will be a long drive and a boring one. I know going across Atlantic Canada and through Quebec won't be too bad but I think going across Western Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan will be really bad.

Anyone know if there are any shipping companies in Ottawa or Toronto? Maybe I would drive as far as there and get the bike shipped the rest of the way.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know late April/early May, you're looking at cool weather, some rain and snow still on the ground up in this neck of the woods. Could make things interesting, but damn, what a trip it would be! I say plan for the "what-ifs" and just do it:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
you could always come through quebec and ontario and then go south into the northern states and work your way back up into canada near the alberta/saskatchewan border

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by shanekingsley
you could always come through quebec and ontario and then go south into the northern states and work your way back up into canada near the alberta/saskatchewan border
+1

Also try to avoid the Trans-Canada highways. They are full of RV's and tractor/trailers.

Riding across the country is one of my future goals in life. I got a job in Alberta for the summer and if not for all the gear I had to bring I would have taken the bike to get there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Been awhile since i've been through the praries, but those cross winds across the highway can be a killer. Especially if you are driving a Nissan Micra lol. Good luck. I would love to do a trip like that. Looking at driving to T.O. next June from Thunder Bay. I think I will look into getting a Tomtom 1st.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.