Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin to get some riding boots and am looking for recommendations and were the best place to get them would be.

Thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
223 Posts
My A* smx plus boots are more comfortable than most of the shoes I wear. Excellent protection, replaceable parts and a great dealer network. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
don't get shift boots. i got mine like 6 months ago and they are literally falling apart (i only ride to commute on the highway so its not like i'm doing anything crazy to them)

·
Registered
52 Posts
My A* smx plus boots are more comfortable than most of the shoes I wear. Excellent protection, replaceable parts and a great dealer network. I highly recommend them.
Yeah I picked up mine at CycleGear for 279 less 15%off and a free $20 Giftcard. I now have a 20% off coupon go figure. I'll get the frog toggs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks to all that replyed im still looking so if anyone else has any info thanks.
selling some extra parts so i can buy them.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
well what type of riding do you do?? street, track, canyon's etc..?? In my opinion you can't have enough protection, i recently shattered my tibia & fibula in a crash w/ alpine star smx's on, I just replaced them with Sidi Vertigo corsa's & just by putting the boot on i can tell they will be a more protective boot than the smx's & they are alot more comfortable, they are about $100 more than the smx's but maybe if i had the sidi's on i would have over $80k in dr bills being paid out. Its just a matter of what price you want to put on your limbs, whether your riding to just commute or to stunt or to track etc.. i don't think you can go wrong w/ a full boot.. just my two cents & experience w/ boots ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
SIDI, b-2 if your not looking to spend too much

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got both A* Supertech Rs and SMX+ for protection I'd opt for the SUpertechs but the SMX+ are very comfortable and almost as protective, if you aren't planning on highsiding the shit out of your bike the better bet.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I dont think Astar can be beat on quality for $$$. My current set of Astars are 15yrs old and still going. No, that was not a typo. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts