Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey all,

I'm in the market for some riding boots. At this stage I'm leaning towards some Alpine Stars. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations of some good boots, let me know. :)

Cheers!

Out of the light...into the shadows....

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
not to steal this post, but I'm looking for some casual riding boots that offer great protection and don't look like racing boots with jeans or cordura pants on...I can't say the same ofr shadow, but if he's looking for the same, POST UP!

Thanks guys...

btw...as a newbie to this forum, and a veteran of other online forums, this forum rocks thank ya! [8D]

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
~D&D Slip On
My Daily Ride:
Blk/Blk 2003 Acura CL-S 6M

·
Registered
36 Posts
Boot brand depends on foot shape...Alpine Stars=wide foot, Sidi=narrow foot, etc.
All I can say is try on as many different pairs at local stores and then ask them to match the best price you can find...they usually will or atleast try...
I have the Sidi Vertebra Race boots and I love them...my brother says they look like futuristic cowboy boots (they are quite flashy but offers great protection and fit perfect!)

Matt

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
actually I find that regular over the ankle steel toe leather work/technicians boots from Walmart/Sams etc are really cheap and offer some good protection.

And they look decent with jeans and any causal riding gear. They might not last as long as true riding boots or make you look like E-boz, but for their price they can't be beat IMHO.

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Andy_7676

actually I find that regular over the ankle steel toe leather work/technicians boots from Walmart/Sams etc are really cheap and offer some good protection.

And they look decent with jeans and any causal riding gear. They might not last as long as true riding boots or make you look like E-boz, but for their price they can't be beat IMHO.
agreed

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I really love my Icon boots for everyday and casual riding.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
221 Posts
speedvlaze Posted - 05/20/2003 : 02:55:57
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you looking for race boots or casual riding boots?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking at some racing boots to go with my leathers really. I already have a pair of steel caps and some doc martens which i were with my casual stuff but shoe laces suck!!! :(

Thanks for all the tips guys... :D

Out of the light...into the shadows....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.