Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good pair of riding boots? One guy on here said to get Spidi's. I want a pair that's as comfortable as a regular pair of shoes, but has protection. I tried a pair of the fancy ones on one time at a shop and I didn't like them. They were the "real high" top type. They seemed very awkward. I've seen some that look like regular shoes, but I don't know if they would protect as good.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Originally posted by zxsixxer
Can anyone recommend a good pair of riding boots? One guy on here said to get Spidi's. I want a pair that's as comfortable as a regular pair of shoes, but has protection. I tried a pair of the fancy ones on one time at a shop and I didn't like them. They were the "real high" top type. They seemed very awkward. I've seen some that look like regular shoes, but I don't know if they would protect as good.
I like Spidi's too. They're really well designed IMO. I like how their zippers angle forward on their casual riding boots, which makes them easy to get in and out of.

These are the pair I have

Really great ankle support, good grip /w road, and easy in and out of. it's easy to wear them over your jeans (or under if you have boot cuts). Very good quality boots.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
My oxtar tcs sports squeak and aren't comfortable till the bike is leaning then all of a sudden I get farphugngen(?). Bike and rider are one.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Originally posted by Supa Ninja
My oxtar tcs sports squeak and aren't comfortable till the bike is leaning then all of a sudden I get farphugngen(?). Bike and rider are one.
WD-40 will fix that squeak. I had the same issue with mine when I used that oil that oxtar provided. =)

That said, I really like my oxtars... They're nice and lightweight, but I wouldn't consider them walking shoes.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I had put a post on earlier asking a similar question here is the boot I am most likely to go with in about 2 wks. (after I try them on).

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
The Sidi's are very, very good, in my opinion. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
If your looking for road riding boots then look at the ICON street boots, they looks like regular boots while offering a bit more protection. Now if you want Road Racing boots then I say Sidi Vertigo or AlpineStar SMX series, I perosnally have the AlpineStar SMX-plus, it has a quick zip sole and calf adjuster.

·
Registered
587 Posts
just so you know as far as comfort, i tried on a pair of SIDI vertebras at the store size 47 (12.5) and they honeslty felt just as comfortable as my regular sneakers. i walked around the store with them and no complaints, if you wear baggy pants (like me) you throw the pant legs over them, people cant even tell.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Originally posted by zortness

WD-40 will fix that squeak. I had the same issue with mine when I used that oil that oxtar provided. =)

That said, I really like my oxtars... They're nice and lightweight, but I wouldn't consider them walking shoes.
WD-40 worked wonders thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The smx plus are a little too much for me. I would go with the Sidi vertigos but they are expensive, I think I will go with Smx-3's later. Right now I have some astar gortex boots pretty nice. I wnet down with them on and i had no feet damage

·
Registered
879 Posts
I own both the Alpine Stars SMX-Plus and Side Vertigo Corse boots. Both are great. The Sidi's are more comfortable on my however.

I'm going to sell my SMX-Plus boots in size 10.5 (44 UK) if anyone knows anyone that is interested.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dang, thanks for all the info guys! I might go and try some on today. I don't want to spend too much, but I guess if it protects you, then price isn't important. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaMike
I had put a post on earlier asking a similar question here is the boot I am most likely to go with in about 2 wks. (after I try them on).

i have these boots they gave great support and feel like ur wearing a pair of Tims... or work boots. they r not heavy... but took a little while to get used to having the wide toe under the gear shifter..
but they r comfortable

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tried on a pair of Alpinestars SMX-plus' this past saturday and they were comfortable, but it'll be a little bit before I get them. My 4-wheeler's rear end took a crap this weekend (new carrier, sprocket hub, caliper mount, pretty much everything that goes around the axle). Gonna cost a pretty penny to fix.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I just bought a pair of SMX Plus', because of how well they fit. I think I could seriously just walk around with them like any normal shoe. I havent decided if I am bringing an extra pair of shoes to walk around at the AMA races in Sonoma or not, I might just wear these all day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.