Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the jacket and gloves will be fine. For best protection leather always wins. I had a textile jacket for a while and then I bought a 2piece suit. As for heat my textile jacket had vents in the back like the one your looking at, has in the front. My new hjc leather suit has ram air vents on the shoulders and zippered vents on the back and under the arms. If you intend to ride late into the season(when it's cold up here) you should go with the textile because mine is way warmer then the leather.

Canada Kicks Ass

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got a first gear ergo leather jacket and it vents ok. Its cold when its very cold out (vents zippered up)but not cool enough when extremely hot (vents open)\. All around its good since the weather here never gets too far extreme both hot and cold. I also have a dainese leather tattoo jackect. Its very sweet, but the only draw back it has no internal back padding (the ergo jacket has). The quality is ver nice and better fitting because the staps on arms and neck are metal buttons compared to the ergo jacket being velcro. I just bought a spidi airback protector (very nice & comfortable)compared to the tecknic one (bulky and not form fitting). I also got Voilater Pro gloves and they are nice and comfortable. I bought the first gear jacket and teknic gloves from www.newenough.com, they have nice prices and i think they have the hjc jacket in the closeout section that drezx6r mentioned. For the dainese jacket check ebay some very nice deals. Hope this helps!!!![:p]

·
Registered
113 Posts
My opinion on the jacket is that its OK for tooting around but not for the serious twistie junkie. The gloves are less than OK. There good if the only thing you have to worry about is bugs hitting your hands but to protect in a fall...not sure if I'd trust those bad boys. If I was in the market for gloves, I would get some with knuckle/finger protectors such as carbon fiber (teknic about $120 USD). Remember, this is just my opinion, atleast your concerned enough about proper gear to ask.

<div align="left">I'm not shy, I'm just picking out my next victim
member since 7/28/02</div id="left">

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been searching the net for some riding gear, first looking to see what I need and then finding the best prices. I want some opinions on some products I've found.

First, the AGV Tex-05 Textile Jacket.....good or not good? Here's a good link to see the one I'm talking about.... http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.asp?style=6369&department=112&Division=1#

Second, the AGV GS-02 Gloves. Here's the link.... http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.asp?style=6372&department=106&Division=1

If anyone has either of these products please tell me how you like them. Plus, I'm looking for some feedback on textile jackets vs leather jackets. I'm looking for something that breaths well and doesn't get too hot BUT I want total protection.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
125 Posts
go to http://www.helmetharbor.com/ Look on the front page for two peices of white clothing at the top. It's called cool stuff. Read about it then decide if this is what you want. What it does it it regulates your temp. When hot, it keeps you cool, when cold, it keeps you warm.

RE[]DE[]\[]-|-

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ok, let's start with the gloves. I personally think they are junk. I wouldn't wear them even if I got them for free. My hands are important to me. Cough up the extra $37 bucks and get a set of Teknic Violator Pros or something similar. The Teknics are a steal at that price. And what's an extra $37 bucks to be able to feed yourself in case of a crash?
http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/gloves.htm

The jacket looks like a one (slow speed) use only type jacket. Personally I haven't heard of that jacket and thus I would avoid it (no feedback is not good). I would save yourself $35 bucks or so and go with a Fieldsheer Titanium jacket:
http://www.newenough.com/mens/fs_mesh_jackets.htm

I really don't trust textiles at all. Take a look at one and imagine yourself sliding down the highway wearing one of these. Makes me cringe just to think about it. Everyone will agreee that leather protects better than textiles. I would spend a little more and go with leather. You don't have to spend a fortune on a leather jacket. If you want a vented leather jacket, look for example at a FieldSheer Airspeed for about $210.
http://www.newenough.com/mens/fsjackets.htm

If you really want total protection, make sure to get quality boots and pants as well. In a motorcycle accident, you're statistically more likely to be injured from the feet up. I know spending all this money on protective gear really hurts. But scraping skin and spending time in the hospital will hurt even more.

-2000 ZX-6R.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
you want something light, protects well, and cheap? How about an aerostitch roadcrafter suit? You can put the thing on in less than ten seconds, weighs less than conventional leather, uses memory foam protecors that out weigh regular ce armor(memory foam armor exceeds ce standards), and from what aerostitch and other people I have heard from, say that the cordura they use, is stronger than leather. So you got best of both worlds. Plus it's machine washable. I am thinking of buying one of these for riding, or getting a pair of their darien pants and a leather jacket. I dunno, it's about what you want. If you want to buy that gear, go for it. Notice he says it looks like it would not hold up. I would find one of these jackets and compare it. Do your own research, do not limit yourself to one forum. I am not saying your wrong ont he quality, but do not limit yourself to one's opinions. I feel so many people are belittled because they choose what others will buy instead of what they like. I personaly have heard good things about agv's gear. Some will buy Joe Rocket gear, but yet knock agv. Why? Alot of agv's new gear is being made in Brazillian leather, which is top of the line hide.

If you like the agv jacket, and gloves, go for it.

RE[]DE[]\[]-|-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.