Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to find out what you fellow riders are wearing as far as gloves. I have these Joe Rocket gloves, but might go with some all leathers for better protection!

I tried these on and they feel great. But Would you wear these for everyday riding?

Just need some options and opinions! Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a pair of the longer ones but they're made by Icon. I like the feel of the extra wrist protection, plus I think it looks cooler to have a longer glove. Mine is white/black, though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have used more than a few brands over the years and keep going back to Alpinestars - they make a quality product IMO.

Buy the GP plus model or above.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Don't buy Joe Rocket. Their quality control has gone to shit. I had a pair of GPX gloves and the wrist strap broke. I sent it back and got another pair. That wrist strap broke in about a month or two. I do have a pair of Phoenix II's that I bought a while back. Those are comfortable as hell, but I heard they don't sell them anymore and I don't wear them that often so that's why they probably haven't broke.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by jp636
Don't buy Joe Rocket. Their quality control has gone to shit. I had a pair of GPX gloves and the wrist strap broke. I sent it back and got another pair. That wrist strap broke in about a month or two. I do have a pair of Phoenix II's that I bought a while back. Those are comfortable as hell, but I heard they don't sell them anymore and I don't wear them that often so that's why they probably haven't broke.
Love my Phoenix II's, and so does everyone else who has ever owned them. The new Phoenix line SUCKS! My II's have holes in them but I still wear them because I can't find a good replacement ANYWHERE.

Please, Joe Rocket, bring those motherfuckers back!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Those two sets of JR gloves are exactly what I have and love. One set for everyday riding, and the others for when I wear my full gear. They go along with my JR Speedmaster suit that I absolutly LOVE. Every JR product I have gotten for my self and my wife has been nothing but great.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got Icon TiMax. They feel really comfortable, look really cool, and I haven't tested them but they look like they would stand up fairly well in a crash.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have Icon Tarmac v2's, and they suck. They're better than nothing, but the flex sections are bulky and uncomfortable on the inside, the palm is padded, but the padding is straight across the palms and these bars aren't straight across your hand, so that doesn't help much. I tried on some AStars at the dealer and they were comfortable as hell - they're on my short list, I just haven't taken the time to pick them up yet.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
i have a pair of JR gloves similar to the second ones you posted but without the long thing on the wrist. just so you know the seam along one of the thumbs has completely torn open after only one season and the other one has started to separate. the hard plastic knuckles are kinda cool though.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I ride with Teknic Speedstars. They are two years old, but they are a fantastic glove.

--David

·
Registered
343 Posts
This is what I wear in town

This is what I wear for trips/commute

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have Icon Merc shorts and my wife has Icon Tuscaderos. Both of our gloves started breaking stitches after about a month. We bought them from an Ebay store and now I can't seem to get the guy to respond about whether the gloves will be covered under a warranty or not. I've read about Icon having this problem. Don't know if I'd want a new pair of these anyway. They're not that comfortable once I started wearing them every day. I've heard good things about Alpinestars.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by GingerNinja
This is what I wear in town

This is what I wear for trips/commute
why bother wearing gloves around town if the fingers are cut off? I guess some protection is better than none, but man... finger tips are pretty tender [:p]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by GingerNinja

$160.00 [:0]
They're your HANDS, man. Think about what it would be like to not be able to use them, even for 5 minutes. I'll never cheap out on helmets or gloves. I wear Helds - don't see mine here anymore, but probably closest to the Akira model.

http://www.heldusa.com/gloves.htm

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have two pairs of Teknic gloves, one old and a new-ish Lightning model. It was ok...until I got stuck in a bad rain storm. Bled all over my hands, and the leather has started to crack from it, so I just ordered a pair of Helimot H-20s (http://www.helimot.com/catalog/gloves/helimot/h20/gloves_h20_data.shtml)
Everything I've seen has said they are some awesome gloves, better then the Held ones and the Helimot guys are really nice, so that's cool. Can't wait to get them in in a few days :)

Pricy, but like was said above, it's my hands, so they are worth it.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Icon Super-Duty
I love them... very comfortable, very protective, and not very expensive.
I've had several different gloves and this pair has definitely been my favorite.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.