Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys were your leathers when it is really hot out. If so do you bake in them or is it not so bad were your flying along and all the wind is hitting you.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
once you start going it's not too bad...i just open the vents and if that's not enough open the zip around my neck a little

·
Registered
605 Posts
I wear a JR Phoenix textile when it's hot. It is very effective.

I wear a perfed leather with or without the zip-in liner when it's not so warm.

The perfed leather jacket is hot as hell in the summer even without the liner.

·
Registered
180 Posts
During the summer here, we're outta the valley about 5:30am for our rides. Usually its about 95 when we head out in the dead of July and August in the morning. Normal attire for me is jeans and a JR Phoenix jacket, but a lot of the guys I ride with will do do 2 piece leathers, or jeans and leather jacket. We head up to the moutains outside Phoenix where the temps are usually 20-25 degrees cooler than the City.

With average daytime temps over 105 and usually nearer 110, the ride back into the city is pretty brutal, but if it was a good ride, it makes it all worth while! :D

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I also have a JR Phoenix jacket. I love it for warm days. Seems as if you have no jacket on but I wonder how good it would do in a crash. Any of you have experience with it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I use a set of Hein Gericke Tuareg pants and jacket. Fabric with built in vents in the jacket,fitted armour and, most important, light colours.

If your kit is dark coloured it will absorb heat and make you even more uncomfortable. I also use mx gloves as they're a lot cooler.

·
Registered
261 Posts
When its REAL hot over here I stick some of those ice block things that you use to keep food cold down the side of my jacket. It works surprisingly well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.