Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of them and for hot weather it is absolutely a god send. As far as crashes go I think that it would afford you protection for a single crash but would need replacing after that. It does have a good amount of body armor and padding so it shouldn't hurt to bad.

You don't have to be faster then the bear, just faster then your friend.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
nice jacket and good price. I've had my eye on the jacket for a while now. I see it all the time down here in Miami because its so light and airy. I think it would hold up well in a crash. got all the key crash points covered. and $139US is a good price for it. I has seen the same one go for $299.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have two of the Phoenix Jackets, got em for $118.00 OTD, one Blk one green. They are great, I actually wrecked whereing one, Went over the handlebars when a Harley pulled out in front of me on a mnt Rd. Didn't even bruise. My nuts caught the tank though OUCH! The jacket didn't even scuff. I laid the jacket over my bike one day though and the exhaust melted the reflective Joe Rocket patch on the right sleave, but didn't melt the jackets mesh at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would check out the Fieldsheer Titanium air jacket...i just purchased one from www.newenough.com for $98 shipped. The quality is impressive, and all the armor is CE approved rather than just the foam padding in the JR jacket...

Give it a look, it a great jacket.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have one... it is awsome in the summer... but after getting a leather this winter, I'm not all that sure how much it will hold up to cement. But here in TX with 100F weather, I guess I will take my chances. [:p]

Ed
'97 zx6e

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've been looking at getting a Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket. It's the one with the heavy mesh instead of leather or other material. I've just been wondering if i was to crash, do you think the material would just shred apart? Does anyone own this jacket that could let me know if they like it?
You can see the jacket here.
http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/item.cfm?products_id=198
Thanks

1998 ZX-6R, Full D&D, -1 in the front.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have that jacket in Red. Don't know how well it will hold up in a crash, but It is definetly the best jacket you can wear in the summer heat. I mean they are cheap enough, that even if it only lasts one wreck, you aren't spending an arm and a leg to get another one. But I mean come on now, how much are you guys planning on putting the shiney side down? If you wreck that much that you have to think about durability, you should probably look at minivans instead of bikes! LOL. Just kidding! :D

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
259 Posts
i just bought a red phoneix and i'm pretty happy with it. as far as protection goes, i feel like it's what i'm looking for. no jacket is crash proof but this one feels like it gives just enough. i'm not that crazy of a rider either. plus the gloves look sharp with it too...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I've seen it in a lowside at around 60kph. It protected the rider from road rash, but the mesh DID tear. So, it does the job, but depending on the damage it suffers, you probably can't use it again.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Before you decide to go with the JR, give a very close look at Fieldsheer (assuming you already haven't). They make some quality stuff at a very nice price.
Here is the Fieldsheer mesh apparel page from Brockton Cycle Center.

I went with Fieldsheer over the competition.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
the jacket is good for about 1 crash...I lowside in my Tecnic Supervent (just like the pheonix) and it protected me well. No road rash at all. The heat from the friction did melt the jacket some and sorta stuck to my skin alittle. nothing really bad. just kinda interesting.

But again I can testify that the mesh jackets do work, just that they work once and you need to get a new one. But they are cheap so it's not a big deal.

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Speed, I just visited Brockton Cycles on Saturday. I'm the guy with the Blue '00 6R, Gericke Tribal jacket, maybe I saw you there. Anyway, I have to agree with the Fieldsheer comments. The CE armor seemes much better than the foam armor in the Joe Rocket. I also have a Joe Rocket Atomic jacket (which is pretty good for the summer) but this summer I'm gonna get one of the Fieldsheer's.

We be ridin' Ninja 600's never Harleys kid

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
The only problem I've had with the titanium air, is that the straps for the elbow armor do not cinch tight enough for me. I had the same problem with the Monza on my last get-off. Ended up with a burnt elbow after the pad slid around. I was looking at getting some kind of JR this summer and see if they're any better or worse.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
256 Posts
I love my Phoenix jacket, my girl and I both wear them. Look on ebay, I have bought two of them BRAND NEW for $80 each...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I recently bought a RS Taichi jacket. The cost is a bit higher.. about 165 usd. It's mesh, very ventilated and VERY LIGHT!
It's got soft portection, but lots of them all around tho. If you are interested, I will post a picture...

Jack
---
Evo VII
ZX-6R 636

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with the Fieldsheer Ti ot Mach 1. Very well constructed with CE hard armor. Its worth checking out the website listed above to see them, Ive had two and have no complaints looks or performance wise

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.