Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do you guys pack up the bike for the winter time? I'm from Chicago so it gets pretty cold and snowy up there!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I live in Arizona, so it's never too cold to ride. But if I weren't here. I'd still ride all year long, unless it snowed. But then I'd still probably ride. REEEEEAAAAAALLLLLYYYYY SSSLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWW

·
Registered
213 Posts
Never rain or shine, even though last time it rained i wiped out at 90mph lean over getting off the 405 to the 110 back wheel lost traction and that was it, walked away with a scratch at 90 mile that was cool and my helment neer touch the ground i kept my head up look at the bike the whole time lol,

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
I live in North Dakota, typical riding season is April-Sep. (sometimes Oct.). My bike is in a heated garage and I will ride it all winter, if the roads are dry, I will ride (prefer the temp to be above 40 degrees F)

·
Registered
810 Posts
In jersey I really can't ride past mid October, unless youre psycho. Under 50 degrees = fuck no

·
Registered
78 Posts
My bike have been store probably 2 weeks ago. It's not officially winterize since i haven't done anything to it but there's just too many crash at this time of year and car drivers don't look for bikes. Last time i went for a drive i've been cut really bad twice in probably 20 min!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by woncrzymof0<br>i go to school in Rhode Island.. I live on the beach.. it is freezing and windy as hell.. i just got off my bike 20 minutes ago.. 38 degrees + coastal winds.. haha. i love it.
Last weekend I did a 6 hour round trip where the warmest it got was about 40. 40 degrees in Chicago going about 90 is pretty damn chilly!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I ride all year here in Pittsburgh, just a lot less between Thanksgiving and Easter. If the roads are dry and not too crapped up with salt/cinders and it's above freezing, I'll go out for a hour or two, or maybe even all day if it's really nice (upper 40s). The bike stays parked when it's below freezing.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just packed my baby up yesterday...I would ride till first salt in Canada...but after impossible..it gets up to -40C...usually -10-15 on average....
i pakce dup early cause of back problems i dont want to agravate...

The withdrawal symptoms im feeling are severe....

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am also in North Dakota so the snow is usually the limiting factor. Last weekend I had a short ride and the temp was just below 30. Last year we had very little snow and I was actually able to ride at least once each month which is pretty good for here.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
man you snow ppl need to move shit i couldnt go 3 weeks much less 3 to 6 monts with out riding that sucks, sry for the time lost due to snow and cold[V] i pour out some gas for you sry and hope the cold leaves all of you early this year so you can ride sooner

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Originally posted by alor14582
man you snow ppl need to move shit i couldnt go 3 weeks much less 3 to 6 monts with out riding that sucks, sry for the time lost due to snow and cold[V] i pour out some gas for you sry and hope the cold leaves all of you early this year so you can ride sooner
:( thanks pal...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Originally posted by alor14582

I dont mind the whole 4 seasons things......i dunno,its like hookin up with an exgirlfriend after a long break....You get to bang her out after a long recess, and its double the fun! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.