Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i am looking to do a few track days next year. ive never been to one before and i was just wondering how all of you get to the track. i know a lot of you guys have trailers but what about you guys that dont have a lot of money invested in it? do a lot of you guys ride your bikes to the track and then get them all ready once youre there? just wondering what everyone else without a lot of money to invest does.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Get a buddy with a pickup. racing with street tires, much less used street tires is a no-no. In fact some tracks wont even allow it.

When i'd go my buddy had an old panel truck and we could fit both bikes in the back plus tire warmers, a couple extra wheels all our riding gear, our canopy and chairs and a large cooler.

Oddly enough there was no room for wives/girlfriends ; p

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I borrow a trailer. I'm looking to purchase one right now, but a friend of mine has good trailer and I can use it any time. After you've bought your protection (leathers, boots, gloves, helmet, etc...), I would highly suggest you purchase some race plastics. This will save your bike. I just helped a buddy install some Godfathers tonight for our trackday tomorrow. FITMENT SUCKS. I have Hotbodies and it fits a little better. Yes, you can ride to the track, just bring some tools to take your license plate off and some painters tape to cover your lights.

·
Registered
158 Posts
unless you live real close to the track don't do it. After the track day is over you are going to be TIRED, not in good condition to ride home. Plus what are you going to do if you wreck?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I bought a ramp and throw my bike in the back of my truck along with all my gear,tools,stand,cooler,fold up chairs,canopy. I too am looking at getting a trailer in the near future, a warning though once you do a few track days you are not going to want to ride on the street anymore.:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
i agree get a trailer or a truck, borrow or rent if you have to. but once you go you wont want the headaches of the street.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
my truck broke down the day before a trackday. So i rode up in my full leathers with a backpack with tools and levers and rearsets. It was pretty cold i had to leave at like 5am it was like a 2 and half hour ride i think. i made it ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.