Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just wanted to get an idea of everyones ideas/opinions about riding with headphones to listen to music.

What's everyone think about this?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Bad idea around town.
I take mp3 player on long trips, at freeway speed wind + road noise = can't hear anything anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I do on a long sunday drive threw the country. But i dont in town because of all those crazy azz drivers who don`t look out 4 us. I figure i need all the help i can get while riding in this traffic packed town i live in

·
Registered
84 Posts
I do all the time but im always on the freeway depending on what music ya listenin to will influence ya ridin too.[^]

·
Registered
940 Posts
never tried....but if there's a chance that I might hear a car or the screech of a tire an instance sooner without the headphones there's a chance it might save my life......

but I guess on long trips it's also important to stay alert...music's gotta help

·
Registered
239 Posts
so when you listen to music, do you guys use one or both headphones and where do you put your mp3 player, jacket pocket or bookbag?

i had never thought about that, but i'm going a decent length highway ride tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I was looking into this also. Anyone know of a good (small) mp3 player to use?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Everytime I had my MP3 player on me the cops would always pull me over. It's like it attracted them or something, it brought the devil with me so I stopped bringing it along. 7 more days until I can ride again!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I wear earplugs on long rides. even with my rf900 (supposedly the quietest helmet on the market) it still gets loud after a while. I don't want any hearing damage.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Originally posted by mvrk1

I wear earplugs on long rides. even with my rf900 (supposedly the quietest helmet on the market) it still gets loud after a while. I don't want any hearing damage.
i didn't realize the rf900 was supposed to be the quietest helmet. i have one (only helmet i've ever owned) and i thought the wind noise seemed kinda loud.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I ride with a sony MD player thats MP3 capable, and at radio shack where I work(discounts are always cool) there are these purple sony headphones that wrap around the back of the ear and into your ear so they arent uncomfortable, and loud. Yes the type of music you listen to influences your riding. Fire Fuei by rammstien(opening song to XXX with vin diesel) always has me speeding, great song to listen to when you're late for work. All in all the MD player you can get for 129.99 and the headphones for 9.99 at any radio shack. Cat #'s 42-8051 and 33-1204 I really need to stop logging on at work[:eek:)]

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've tried it a couple of times with just one ear bud in, and it seems to work pretty good. An other thing I've been thinking about is getting one of those noise canceling headsets and see how that works out. They are supposed to work great with background noise but still let you hear stuff. But I don't really know, I've never played with one.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I done it a few times. I would hook my mp3 player into my Chatterbox. It's ok I guess. But kinda hard to hear with the wind noise and the engine growl of the zx-6r...

to be honest, I really didn't enjoy the musaic as much as I thought I would becasue I was too busy concentrating on traffic etc...

maybe on a long interstate runs it would be better....

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I was thinking about how much outside noise there woul be...

How was the trip Andy? Share the details...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Pretty cool...only had a couple of near accidents ;)

I'm surprised how well my BT020 "touring" tires held up in the twisties...

and I'm pretty sure West Virginia has some of the best roads anywhere...Some of those roads came damn close to beating Deals Gap in sheer fun factor. If any buddy has ridden 250 or 219 in WV the whole way, you know what I mean.

I really wish I got some pictures of some of the roads...Very impressive...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.