Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let her know what the hot parts on the bike are before she gets on...seems like a dumb thing but you can't even imagine how many people have been burnt by the exhaust while ridding in the back.
Your handling will be altered dramatically so take things slow in the begining and be sure to tell the pasenger that he/she must lean with you on the curves.
i for one hate ridding with someone in the back but how can you turn a pretty lady down?;)

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Exactly!

I'm in dewey beach last week, driving down the main strip with a buddy on his GSXR750, and this girl runs up to us at a light, and says, please give me a ride on your bike!

I have to say, "no, i can't, i'm a noob, and will give you road rash if you get on this bike..."

she says, "you'll give me a rash!?" and runs away

I have to work on my skills:D:D

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
~D&D Slip On
My Daily Ride:
Blk/Blk 2003 Acura CL-S 6M

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL:D
That $h!t is too funny bro!
You definitely have to work on those skillz...:D

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DEZ,
This might help (or cunfuse) you decide:D

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5186

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
much help, now I just need to talk the ladies into getting on instead of running away....

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
~D&D Slip On
My Daily Ride:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
DO NOT LET YOUR PASSENGERS LEAN INTO CURBS WITH YOU! when making turns, the passenger should be sitting like normal, and their head should be over your shoulder, looking in the way you are turning. if she leans with you you might lowslide. thats what the manual says and the instructors at msf advise.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

Reactions: Devilspawn

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hey guys, quick question...

I have never ridden with a passenger and want to give myself plenty of time before I do (maybe not until next riding season) What kind of advice can you give a new guy for riding with ladies on the back?

Thank ya!
E

Yellow/Blk 2001 ZX-6R
~D&D Slip On
My Daily Ride:

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I'd be more worried about the passenger leaning against you then with you...
If they lean against you, as almost all first time passengers do, you'll find you're not turning, you're going straight at that curb :)
Make sure you let them know NOT to lean away from the road, it's spooky for them the first time they see themselves getting close to a road.
Ideally you don't want them to lean at all, but I'd take them leaning with me over against me anyday. IF you're leaning over far enough with a passenger that their added leaning with you makes you lowside, you are riding too hard.. :)

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
327 Posts
Best advice I can give (and I have carried a LOT of passengers): Relax, tell your passenger to relax, and counter steer as normal. :) If they lean in too far, compensate. If they lean away, compensate. You will turn the bike.

Just don't try to set pole for the MotoGP. ;)

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
695 Posts
My girlfriend is a pro!

She rode with her father for years...she has got to be the best passenger I've ever had. She's not scared of bikes...she trusts me...and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure what she does back there, but whatever it is...sometimes I'm turning so well it doesn't feel like I have a passenger at all.

_________

2002 ZX6R NINJA!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well why don't you ask her what it is she does and let us know;). this way we can pass the knowledge on to our pasengers.

NYC potholes SUCK!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.