Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi This a dum question but i need to now,what is the right air press for rear tire and front stock tires bridgestone battlax zx6rr 2003
thanks [?]

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
There is no right air pressure. If you ride on the street, minimum is around 30 front and 31 rear, I personally would use (on the street) about 33 rear, 32 front. 36 rear and 34 front will get you better tire mileage and a less traction. 40 front and rear will give you great tire mileage and very poor traction.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Originally posted by Ernie
There is no right air pressure. If you ride on the street, minimum is around 30 front and 31 rear, I personally would use (on the street) about 33 rear, 32 front. 36 rear and 34 front will get you better tire mileage and a less traction. 40 front and rear will give you great tire mileage and very poor traction.
Not entirely true. Running that much in the rear will square it off in no time. Run 30 on the street and you're under inflated imo.

I run 35 and 37. Max is 40 front and 42 rear I believe. The best thing is to try various pressures and see what you like. I run what I run because I'm fairly big at 6'3 and 220lbs. Keep in mind too that all these temps are cold tire temps - taken either before riding, or after the tire has had a chance to cool down.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Originally posted by Unobtanium636

Not entirely true. Running that much in the rear will square it off in no time. Run 30 on the street and you're under inflated imo.

I run 35 and 37. Max is 40 front and 42 rear I believe. The best thing is to try various pressures and see what you like. I run what I run because I'm fairly big at 6'3 and 220lbs. Keep in mind too that all these temps are cold tire temps - taken either before riding, or after the tire has had a chance to cool down.
Entirely true. Air pressure is as much taste as anything else. The more pressure the easier the bike turns and the less traction and best wear. Period.

I have a friend bigger than you who runs 33 on the track. I run 36 rear 34 front when I am two up and we weigh 300 combined.

30 on the street works fine for traction in the canyons, as I said I do not recommend it, mostly because of wear and pothole bends.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Only to a point though. If you're running max pressure your tire life will be shortened. The centre of the tire WILL wear faster. Increased pressure will have the bike sitting higher. Yes, it will turn faster as you said, but if you spend any time straight up you'll wear the centre of the tire out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
[:Agree]That is whats happening to my rear tire. After 7,600 km it is square and has no tread left in the middle. The front is fine though.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Dude. Motorcycle tires wear out. You got over 4000 miles out of a rear and you are complaining? You must spend all your riding time straight up and down. In case you dont' know, these are not cars. I never get 4000 miles from a rear. They wear out in the middle when you spend all your time riding the middle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.