Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago I noticed a problem start with my blinkers.
Just about everytime I hit my right blinker, the indicator on the gauges comes on dimly, and does not flash. If I look at the blinkers, the front right one is on constantly, the rear is not on at all.
So I figured it was a loose wire going to the right rear signal, but I checked that, and it all seems ok.

Then I noticed if I hit click my left blinker on for a half second, then click to the right blinker, the right one blinks normally (front and back) every time.

Its very odd. Im not sure if its an issue with the actual switch on the clipons, the relay, or a bulb..

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Probably rule out a few things like bulb, ground, wires, etc. Do you have a friend with a Kawasaki? Change out the turn signal relay and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it I would begin to suspect the switch.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just noticed another odd thing, it only does it when the bike is running.. If I just put the key to the on position, but dont start the bike, it seems to work fine..
Maybe the alternator is not putting out the right voltage or something, I'll have to break out the old multi-meter on the weekend..

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'd suspect the relay too... try switching it out with a friend and see if the problem persists, if so then move on to the switch. (The easiest parts to swap-out first.) Then start examining all the wiring for loose connections or possible back-feeding / bad grounds...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.