Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that after a while of riding, that your right thumb/glove tends to get pulled back and presses down from the top of the thumb? I've tried two different styles and sizes of gloves and they fit fine otherwise, but after a while with my hand around the throttle, it seems as if the glove is getting caught up under the throttle and it's sinching back, thereby pulling from the top of the thumb on back. My hands/wrists don't get numb so I don't believe it is riding position as if it were, I'm sure that my wrists would be exhibiting signs of the normal fatigue associated with improper riding posture. One last thing, has anyone tried to mix and match one glove slightly larger than the other to allieviate this? Just curious.

strat

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Some of the cheaper gloves I've had did that, but my Icon Pursuit gloves fit like a second skin...for being a cheap glove, they're amazing. I can do anything with them on that I can do without them on...tie my shoe, pull change out of my pocket and sort it...completely gear up in the same amount of time with gloves on as I do with them off...they're great for dexterity, but because of their design, they fit tight. Then I bought my first pair of Dainese gloves, and I won't ever buy another glove brand again...maybe not even another gear brand. Their gloves fit like they were tailored to my hand. There's nothing funky about my hand, but other glove brands just seem to be made for someone with very strangely shaped mitts. The Dainese gloves are the short-cuff, "moto-x style" street gloves with CF knuckle protection, but everything not CF is real leather, and really high-quality stuff, too. I dunno...I guess it's in the glove, because they fit perfectly, but they were also $95, compared to $30 to $40 for Moto-X style gloves from Icon and A* (like A*'s Air Carbon gloves, which suck ass, imo...didn't do shit to protect my hands when I went down). So...if you're up to spending 3x the money, there is a cure! =)

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I've been pondering the "gauntlet" type gloves by Dainese, but since I finally got my special order dainese p. delta pelle pants in, kinda blew my gear budget for a while! My current gloves are cortech accellerator gloves. I had a pair of Icon ones (forget what they were called) those ones were worse imho than the cortech ones. [:+1] on Dainese stuff!

strat

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Yeah...my short cuff gloves are last year's style...I tried on a pair of Dainese gauntlet gloves at Cycle Gear yesterday, and they fit nice, too. They were last years, as well, so they were only like $120. But their new glove styles are bad ass. These are the next gloves I'm buying:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dainese_XMetal_Gloves--507734.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.