Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard some talk of some sort of polish that you can use on factory rims that strips them and gives them the polished look. Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
277 Posts
mope...but if you find it lemme know

·
Registered
547 Posts
I got it at Kragen's, its called aircraft remover. it comes in a spray can or a gel. a got the gel cause i didn't feel like taping everything up. works awesome, just brush it on, let it sit til it bubbles up and wipe off.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Just an FYI, it is not a simple spray or wipe on and wipe off and they are polished. I ahve done my last three bikes and it does take some time and elbow grease. I would figure if this is your first time expect to spend about 2 to 3 hours per wheel stripping them and then polishing them back out.

·
Registered
547 Posts
the finish casting on the wheel is nice enough to leave it alone. i have not touched mine after stripping it and they shine very well.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yes they are machined with a very nice finish under them, but still it is not just a simple strip and they are ready to bling per say.

I strip mine, then after they are completely clean I use 0000 or 00000 steel wool to polish them up some and pull and minor surface scratches down. Then once I am happy with that I use Maguires "Billet" or regular Maguire to polish them out with one of the maguire buff balls.

My wheels have a great shine after this, require little to no maintanence at all. I usually only honda polish them to remove the dust and grime and the repolish them once a year with the maguire "Billet"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.