Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anything aftermarket or lighter than stock should go here.

please post cost, spacer sizing, speedo drive retention/delete, weight savings, and def post the pics on your bike.

im looking for marchesini from a duc i think...the 10 spoke from the 999 front wheel on ebay is going for a couple hundred right now. if i could do some machine work and make it work id dish out the money (speedo on mine is done with a sensor now because of my aftermarket gauge cluster, so i could care less about cable/drive)

· Registered
410 Posts
Do you care about wheels made by the manufacturers for the ZX7, so use stock spacers?

I have the following sized for the ZX7:
Marchesini magnesium three spokes 3.5"/6.25"
Dymag magnesium 3.5"/6.125"
Marvic magnesium five spokes 3.5"/6"
PM Chicane 3.5"/6"

The lightest of these are the Marchesini wheels. Cannot remember the weight, but big change from the stock anchors.

We need to make sure that we get apples and apples on weight. Please include the rotors, sprocket carrier, sprockets with the weight. One thing I have found is the rotor and sprocket carrier are all over the map. My Dymag wheels are the lightest without sprocket carriers, but one of the heavier ones with all the parts on there.

· Registered
326 Posts
ZX10R swap...

But to utilize it really requires swapping to the 10R forks and swingarm.

Which means losing the original speedo drive.

I would think the complete swap is much less than buying 1 new aftermarket wheel or a pair of used ones.

Josh

· Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
prefer to retain stock components or use the least amount of shims/spacers to help cut cost and fabrication headaches.

most of what i want is just looks...which i know may seem silly since the front wheel is barely visible, but the rear anything would look more aggressive than that stupid tri-spoke.

i dont need uber light race wheels, it just seems marchesini has set the bar for looks/lightness...i guess that explains the cost.

· Registered
326 Posts
prefer to retain stock components or use the least amount of shims/spacers to help cut cost and fabrication headaches.

most of what i want is just looks...which i know may seem silly since the front wheel is barely visible, but the rear anything would look more aggressive than that stupid tri-spoke.

i dont need uber light race wheels, it just seems marchesini has set the bar for looks/lightness...i guess that explains the cost.
I hear ya on tri-spoke wheels. Gawdy and extremely cheap and ugly looking. Makes me wonder why the Big K decided to go back to tri-spokes on the 2011 ZX10R. Makes the futuristic styling of the bike look bass-ackwards.

The 06+ 636 and 10R front wheels use 25mm which matches the 7, so again just spacers and losing the speedo drive.

Rear wheels would need different bearings to match the 7 axle. PLus spacers. The cush drives are the same.

Josh

· Registered
326 Posts
I have written down 18 pounds for a ZX10R rear wheel with cush drive and sprocket with rotor. No tire.

I forget to weigh the front wheel when I swapped everything around.

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.