Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
That is very very nice indeed...which color gold is that, as i am wanting to do some wheels as well.
Shold look pretty nice on my 1098

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here they are. Not sure if the pics are going to attach never posted pic before.

That looks awesome, could you hook us up with what color of gold you used?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its sun gold. It took him about 4 days and i got them back. it only cost me $130 but i had to blast them myself. i cought a pretty good deal. Its even got a clear over top the powder. If anyone is in Jersey and wants to get them done PM me and ill hook u up with my guy

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
pending prices here in Italy, i may be down for this as i want to do my 1098 wheels in gold...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Man that looks incredible. what color bike you got? i need to stop being lazy and take my rims off to have them done the same color.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my bike is being painted as we speak. I went with a pearl white with a little gold flake in the clear. I also have an all carbon fiber upper and lowers. So my tank andmid fairings and tail and seat cowl are going to be white and the uppers and lowers are all carbon fiber. i will post some pics once i get it all back together. its in a millon pieces right now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
sounds beautiful. your talking about your nose peice and belly pan right? should look amazing.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Looks good, my wheels are getting powdercoated gold right now. Pretty excited to see how they come out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
what did you do with the wheel bearings did you remove them i am taking mine in this week and people have told me to remove them because with the sand blast and baking it will mess them up... what did you do?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
take them out, i ordered new bearings and seal kit for front and back for 50 bucks shipped through dennis kirk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I used a screw driver and mallet to knock them out and yea, theres a front and rear bearing kit that comes with seals. So that's all you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted to do the same and have been asking around, but i dont know if i should try to color match my existing accesories or powder everything. anyways I can just hope mine will come out that clean, looks good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts