Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey cd do you know how much Boy racer paid to get his done? and did he do anything to the rim before he took it to get done? thanks

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll ask him to come post how much it cost.
I know he removed the bearings and seals/rings, it was basically just the rim left.

We had stripped the paint off the lips, then he decided to get them powder coated. Don't remember doing anything to them before they did it.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a '00 in all red. I guess after all this time, I am a little bored of the all red. There is no other color on the bike. I thought about polishing the rims, but a bunch of ppl. told me not to do it because it is a daily driver, and the cleaning would get on my nerves after a while. Anyone paint rims before? Like a straight back to add some color?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try what I did on my red 2002, paint the wheels black, then add a red stripe around the outer rim of the wheels, I think it looks well sweet.

The true riding method is printed on the uk paper driving licence - tear along the dotted
line

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry I'll get this right some time

/forum/uploads/boab2k/6363.jpg

Cheers

Boab

The true riding method is printed on the uk paper driving licence - tear along the dotted
line

·
Registered
202 Posts
Island,if you were closer i would trade my blk rims for your red ones.i dont like the blk rims,i like the same color of rims as the bike.when i had my zx7 i had the rims and frame powder coated and i payed 120 for both the rims done.i had to pay 50 bucks for the kawasaki green powder.you have to remove all seals and bearings and take them just the bear rim.it's worth EVERY penny. B

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks Trans... Yea.. The shipping would probably cost us some bucks, or we would have the rims in 6 months or so.. (not going that long) Hey Boab... Did you add some of those graphics to your bike? Or is that how it came?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.