Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm refinishing my rims along with my frame... I'm stuck on what colour to do the rims.

I've got a friend who owns a powder coating shop, and he'll do just about any colour under the sun.

I was thinking of just doing a flat black finish - up against a yellow ninja, with a polished frame, and a hand full of aftermarket goodies.

The yellow that he's got is just too bright. It wouldn't match. It makes my bike look orange...

Help!

The kid on the yellow ninja...

·
Registered
468 Posts
I think flat black poweder-coat would look sweet with the yellow & a polished frame!
You could even flat black the inner of the wheel then polish the lips... that might look good with the frame too.

Go green or go home...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if I did them in white? I saw a guy with an 'o1 yellow ZX, and he had after market wheels on that were white. It actually looked decent... certainly different.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'd be afraid someone would think the rims came off a Suzuki since they put alot of white rims on. I thinkd the black with polished lips would be good. What color scheme on the plastics other than yellow are you going with or just plain yellow?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think a gloss black might look better than the flat black. Can your freind get the clear powder coat colors? There was a guy on SBN that had a yellow Suzuki, and he polished his frame and rims. He had a guy put a clear yellow powder coat over his polished rims and they came out looking like they were anodized. Might be something else to consider.

Kevin V
00 ZX6R

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the rims are going to be black.. I haven't decided if I'm going to clear coat them... I want to see what they look like freshly powdered. Then I'll decide if they should be cleared. I'm sort of at a loss for ideas right now. I have some good concepts, but I want to see what it looks like when it all comes together. If all else fails, I could either polish the whole rim, or pursue some aftermarket 6 spokes.

The plastics are all yellow. I've got my sides in the body shop at work to get the charcoal at the bottom removed to make it entrely yellow. Otherwise it's going to be a few black accents and a polished frame.

I am probably going to get a stainless/carbon Hindle high mount, or full titanium next weekend. Among other goodies...

Thanks for the imput! I appreciate it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'd go for full polished rims and a polished exhaust like the '03. This along with the polished frame and yellow plastics would look great.
Post a pic when your done.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Originally posted by Boy Racer
What if I did them in white? I saw a guy with an 'o1 yellow ZX, and he had after market wheels on that were white. It actually looked decent... certainly different.
Good thing ya didn't go white. Everyone with white rims curses them, they get dirty so easily, well no more than the rest of us I suppose but you certainly notice it more.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I dunno if anyone has though of doing this, but could you get a chameleon paint job done to your wheels in your color of your bike? That way as you ride the wheels change color? Anyone thought of having a carbon fiber look to wheels? Kawis are bright fast looking "your just made because my bike doesn't look like everyone elses" bike. Get it even more unique than anyone has ever done.

RE[]DE[]\[]-|-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.