Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i get aftermarket rims? or even stock rims i need 2000 zx9r rims.i'm rebuilding a bike that hit a curve and both rims have a huge dent in them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Carrozzeria's over Dynamag's any day of the week. Dynamags were in like 10 years ago!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Originally posted by 2KZX-9

Those look nice! How much weight did you save over the stock ones?

Not sure if you weight yours I'll weight mine to compair. I know the front wheel weights 19 lbs with rotors.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by Ncboost

Not sure if you weight yours I'll weight mine to compair. I know the front wheel weights 19 lbs with rotors.
Aarg! I just swapped my front tire out last week too!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Originally posted by zx9AZ2000
is their anything less than 200$ per rim? i don't feel like payin 1000$ for two rims...

LMAO, there are no inexpensive rims for bike, there are not going to be enything less than 1200 or so. About the only thing you could try would be some zx10r rims off of ebay or something andd then you are going to have to have some spacers machined and I still have not seen this done so I don't know that it would work.

200$ per rimss, thats pretty funny.

·
Registered
876 Posts
you can always do the exchange through ebay foraround $600 a set, but just FYI I did that with Chrome Pros Plating and after 2 years theres already pitting and crackling in the chrome. they cover for 2 years so I can still get them re-chromed for free, but when you add shipping, pulling bearings, buying new bearings, and all that its not free anymore...

IMO your best bet is to find a used set off ebay (actually you can probly get a better price buying them separate) and have them powder coated... its fairly inexpensive and lasts longer and maintains as easy as chrome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just have two sets of stock rims...got the second set for $250 from a friend's shop (he got them from some wrecking yard back east)...they look perfect, never repainted or touched. One set has my street tires, one set has race tires (track only) and I have two sets of rotors to make it easier to swap out for trackdays.

BTW...rims can be straightened. My "street" front rim had a dent from an unfortunate incident involving a guard rail...local shop straightened it out. 40k miles later, still no complaints.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I need a extra set of stock rims. I'm doing a track day soon and would rather not tear them up if i crash the bike. Let me know if you have a set laying around.

·
Registered
15 Posts
One of my friends just had "unfortunate incident" on his R6 and he was just thinking about getting a dent fixed in his front rim, but everyone is saying its to dangerous..... you havent had any problems with your rim after you got it straightened? (gravitysucks)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.