Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess you can say my 4th of July will go down in history as a bad day, my fellow new friend-rider was killed yesterday on his 06 Suzuki Gsxr600 as a girl in a suv pulled an illegal u-turn and ended up killing him upon impact. I basically knew the kid for a few weeks through another friend and never met someone that was so new to riding and loved to go out any night to take a spin, it just sucks it had to end this way and im gonna miss him alot as I thought I found someone I could relate to that loved to ride every night somewhere. Overaul he looked great riding, showed alot of respect for the bike, never took turns too fast or goofed off, had a good head on his shoulders and im so sad to see him go like this. RIP Roy you were a good kid.

Press of Atlantic City report.

A Woodbine man died after his motorcycle collided with an SUV on Tuesday, state police said.

Francis Van Horn, 21, of Mays Landing, and an unidentified male were travelling east on Route 322 at about 4:15 p.m. when she attempted to make a U-turn near mile marker 37, police said. Police said Van Horn may not have seen Roy Ablett Jr. on the road when she made the turn. Ablett, 21, collided with the SUV and was thrown from the motorcycle, police said.

Ablett was transported to Kessler Memorial Hospital in Hammonton, where he was pronounced dead. Neither Van Horn nor the passenger were injured, police said

·
Registered
554 Posts
damn man sorry to hear that.just had an accident myself this weekend because of idiot cagers.RIP.sorry bout your friend

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
So sorry to hear that. It;s never easy to lose a friend, no matter how long you've known him.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
damn, im sorry man! RIP, best wishes to you and his fam and friends.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
thats sad and scary rip

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
dude, im sorry to hear it. just proves that you cant trust anyone in a cage, especially in NJ. keep us posted if she is getting charged or anything.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will keep this updated on the status of this for now I just been relaxing and taking it easy,gonna take a nice long ride up to north jersey to spend some time with a friend and ride with her, cant go wrong ridin with a girl that owns a new Daytona 675 lol.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
im sorry about your loss southjersey.:(
just try to keep your head up, and remember him for who he was. its all we can do.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Sorry for the loss, man. RIP Roy. I hope they throw the book at that lady. The u-turn was illegal and she knew it. She made a choice and it ended up killing a young man. Senseless.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Originally posted by MRWGLO92
Sorry for the loss, man. RIP Roy. I hope they throw the book at that lady. The u-turn was illegal and she knew it. She made a choice and it ended up killing a young man. Senseless.

[:+1] Exactly what he said!

I think that when these dumbass Cagers fail to yeild right of way or pull crap like that, They should be charged with Murder or at least Manslaughter.
That might make them wake up and pay attention! :(

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Originally posted by Marlboroman

[:+1] Exactly what he said!

I think that when these dumbass Cagers fail to yeild right of way or pull crap like that, They should be charged with Murder or at least Manslaughter.
That might make them wake up and pay attention! :(

agreed

RIP to your friend

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Sorry man, that's something none of us want to read about. I met a local rider (Zero_Cool, name is Adam) through this forum and we've been hanging out a lot, riding, and becoming real good friends. I can't imagine how you felt when you found out about his accident. When it's someone you know, it's difficult to get through. [V]

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
That sucks... I always hate to see anyone go that way, let alone someone new.

As an aside, do you know if the bitch driving the SUV was charged with vehicular manslaughter, as she should be?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have not heard any new news on the driver of the suv, I plan tomorrow if I get a chance to go speak with his parents about what happen and reinstate that he was a good rider and showed alot of good skills just for starting out.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Jesus christ. And I thought Montana cagers were bad around the 4th of July. My bike hasn't even been out of the garage for the past couple days because everyone acts like drunken ********. I really am saddened to hear about your friend jersey. As a fairly new rider it is always sobering for me when I hear of things like this. R.I.P.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.