Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
That is a shame. Odd to see two deaths in a similar manner. One high side, one low side, both immediate smashing of the head into the track. Terrible.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Yeah, its terrible.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It was horrible to be there...

Yes it was horrible. I was there but I was working in the vender area at the time so I missed the actual crash but saw everyone running and the ambulances responding to him. He was down for a long time. A few other riders got off their bikes and then members of his team came out. One guy/rider was extremely upset and when a track member informed him of something he got even worse and started screaming and throwing his helmet repeatedly around the track... One of the riders actually took off his helmet and started screaming before any help got to him. The actually had originally called in a helicopter but ended up cancelling it. I had talked to one of the track responders later when he came off while they were still cleaning up. He had said some very interesting/horrible details to which I dont really want to post up online for respect for the family/team. State police and the local fire dept came to take measurements/photos and cleaned the track up. It was def very tragic and I do have a pic of everyone around him and the ambulances on scene before we found out that he wasn't going to be ok. The track ended up being closed for a few hours, and the course re-routed to slow down the pace. Many people who hadnt been there in the am had no clue what was going on and walking around like nothing happened until they heard at the opening ceremonies of the accident and loss of a fellow rider.

It truely is a terrible event and my condolences go out to his family, friends, team mates etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts