Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to kz2zx and Ernie for the brake tips.....I managed to track down a set of the veresh(sp) sprL(whatever)..brake pads and they are the shit!! I got them for $99 per side..but well worth it. I was equally impressed the my pilot powers..they stuck like glue..even after 2 days of running them hard. I also ran them at Summit about 2 weeks ago. I wonder how the dunlops compare?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Glad you had fun. What times we're you turning? Oh, please put the balls of your feet on the pegs (at least the inside foot) Trust me my buddy ate it becuase his toes hit and tossed his ass.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
sounds like you had some fun there...which group were you riding in?
As that guy on the R1 in front of you is, well i have no clue what he is doing on that bike.

How did your 6R stack up verus some of the other bikes there?
straighline and handling wise..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like he was riding in the Nesba beginner group.

As for how the 636 stacks up with 1000's at a big track, they do okay. At Road America my 636 was doing great. Yeah the 1000's would slowly pull away on the straights, but I would catch up and eventually pass them on the back part of the track.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hard Corps - Great advice..I struggled a little with that this time out with the new sato rear sets I installed. I was scraping the stock ones like crazy at Summit.

JDgun - I was in the beginners group and the bike had great feeling, was predictable, and handled great. I was running a very good pace according to a few Control riders, and the guy on the R1 in the picture that I set-up to pass coming out of the "esses" he couldn't catch me and I put about 4 seconds on him and a few 750's and 1 duc 748. I was passing alot of people when I dialed in my brake points. On the back stretch coming outta turn 10?, if I held a good line and got on the throttle early, liter bikes couldn't catch me until it was almost time to break for turn 11..if i messed up they would blow by me doing wheelies n shit coming out of 10.

As far as times...i didn't have a transponder..but there where 2 guys that where running consistent 1:54 and I stayed on pace with them for a few laps

·
Registered
139 Posts
Road Atlanta is a blast............glad you had a good time.

[8]

If your doing 1:54's.............you need to pick up the pace..........maybe you were doing 44's. Don't worry it's all just for fun.........don't worry about the times yet.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well if your up to it, there is a track day in OCTOBER at pocono's i am planning on hitting as i will be new to the area, moving from Oregon...well thats where my house is, but i am in Turkey right now,1 year restricted tour, gotta love it..

Will be up at west Point New York and trying to get some track time before winter, hell maybe even VIR if they have a date that late in the year...I am all about some trak time

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure no problem Jdgun I'm always up for a track day or 2, I know you can't wait. I got presidential orders to report to Iraq in 2003..I wasn't a happy camper..but I came back in 1 piece.

Gypsy - I do believe I was going faster, and truthfully the fastest guys in the advance group where running 1:46's. My main focus this season is to work on being smooth, and form.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Originally posted by Hard Corps
How the hell did you get in front of all those guys? Oh, nevermind they must be about to lap you. :D
[:M13] [:M50]

So , where were ya this weekend and will you be at the GNF?
Going to yell at me as I come off the track again? :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was broke and not real excited about driving for 5 hours to swelter in a cow skin all weekend. I'm soory I missed out on all the excitement tho. I got several stories and saw some of the pics. Exciting weekend huh? And yes I plan on attending the GNF. You gonna bring your candy ass up to run the Barber National? "Crickets"

·
Registered
320 Posts
I was hoping you would have made it to Jennings ,but you are right it was insanely hot!

If I wasn't on the track , I was hiding in my Air Conditioned trailer like a snowman who was about to melt.:D

I just finished my N FL season so I won't be at Barber, but I am going to race the GNF.

And by the way , if you don't get in touch with Stick and you NEED tires soon , I have another number for you to call...... they are the ones we get setup through so we get our Team Bridgestone price and they ship immediately.
Call me if you need the number.

Dcbb6, nice pics and good job at RA!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sticks sending me a set out in the morning. I was going to call Performance but I didn't have their # in front of me. Shoot me how you finished down there!

·
Registered
320 Posts
It won't let me PM you on here for some reason, just give me a call when you get a chance.
For my region this year I placed 3rd in the Formula 1 Championship and 4th in the A Superstock Championship..........[:M121]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.