Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a bunch of news footage on both of these events and am amazed at both. We had a rather large discussion on the ride of the century covering how the cops were asshatz and unfair to the bikers and so forth. I also see a HUGE gathering of bikers who rode to our capitol, permit or not they still rode. The news commented how the cops etc were glad to see them. Yet no reports of how many died, arrested, bikes impounded, bike only checkpoints, overall unfairness etc. I didnt see any vids of wheelies, stoppies, burnouts, or general hooliganess, just 880k+ cruisers and a few sport bikes mixed in riding to the capitol without much ado.
it just intrigues me that 2 large gatherings of bikers can be polar opposites.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
Mostly because the ROC attracts a bunch of people which main purpose of buying a sport bike is to be anarchist, which is not the case in the other type of bike gatherings

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
The bikers ride to DC was an organized protest against the million muslim march.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,562 Posts
Yes, the "2 million DC" ride had a stated purpose and an important cause, one which is far more important than a bunch of clueless idiots being dicks on the public roadways.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
are there many organized events put on by the "sport bike crowd" ? that dont usually involve police intervention ? I dont see much in the way of stl streetfighterz trying to stop the baptist church from protesting military funerals.
i'm not trying to be a douche, just interested/curious about the different mindsets.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
are there many organized events put on by the "sport bike crowd" ? that dont usually involve police intervention ?.
Track days? Never seen a cop there. Apart from ones riding.

ROC (Retards On Crack) bring nothing to the sport - nothing good anyway.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
are there many organized events put on by the "sport bike crowd" ? that dont usually involve police intervention ? I dont see much in the way of stl streetfighterz trying to stop the baptist church from protesting military funerals.
i'm not trying to be a douche, just interested/curious about the different mindsets.
We have them here all the time. We can have 300 sport bikes riding together and not have any problems other then those of traffic congestion that naturally occur with something that big.

You want to know what the secret is?

You need to form a community to base things off of instead of just having a completely open ride (although it technically is completely open).

You need to start out smaller and get a like minded group of people together then go from there. You also have to have some form on unofficial structure to the group with a set person and people organizing this stuff (not ever on the same day each year) that you know will hold the values and doing this also makes it to the general public does not know when or where the ride will actually be unless they are part of the group and have been for the most part, excepted by them as not being a asshat that causes trouble. If some dick head does find there way in (and it happens) having a few hundred people telling you to "get fucked" is almost always enough to make the person think "screw you guys I'm going over here instead". No mafia hitmen lol (reference to the other thread).

Its not hard, you just have to form a group of people that think the same then expand on that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts