Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was helping a friend work on his bike and took it around the block a few times.

Stupid fast. -_-

That's all I gotta say.

Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 1/4 liter put put bike.

I've been in and driven other fast machines like some fast cars but does not compare. -_-

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
That's a big jump. When I had my 250 I rode a 636 and could not believe the power. Sometimes it's scary when you think teenagers are allowed to ride these things on the street

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a big jump. When I had my 250 I rode a 636 and could not believe the power. Sometimes it's scary when you think teenagers are allowed to ride these things on the street
ya dude. Insanity. This is my buddy's first bike. I tried to talk him out of it but he pulled the trigger anyway. At least he bought all his gear.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did it convince you to sell your 250 and buy a "real" bike? :p
No way, man. The damn bike is like a huge liability machine instead of a barrell full of monkeys machine.

But what do I know. ;) I just ride a little 250. But riding something with some power didn't make me not like my 250 or want to step up all of the sudden. I like being able whack the throttle and rev out a few gears on the street. Couldn't do that at all with the damn monster machine without being way over the speed limit.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
"Grbl, thh...derrr..murble..dah....KUROSAKI!!"

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you're gonna have serious trouble going back to that 250...
Surprisingly easy and welcomed to go back. I honestly like the 250 a lot. I knew I wasn't buying a fast powerful bike when I got it and wasn't disappointed when I confirmed it truly was not fast and powerful. I don't really have a big need for speed.

Definately nothing more than a 600 if/when I were to step up.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Know what you mean.. I love having to work my ass off just trying to keep the 250 on the boil.... and even then, you're still not going much faster than a car would... but get it into a corner and the 250 is in it's own element. Barrel of monkeys with a clown in the seat... just too much FUN! :D

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Strap some rocket engines to timmy's wheel chair and that's pretty much exactly how I felt.
Glad you can take a joke, some people on here lately are menstrating 24/7

I wonder if they will ever require people to at least take a safety course or have to pass a minimal skills test to purchase these larger bikes, especially first time buyers. I am not into government control (disclaimer to avoid wrath of Fighting'FreedomDefender'Falcon") but they will not listen to advice, make it a requirement, like a helmet.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Know what you mean.. I love having to work my ass off just trying to keep the 250 on the boil.... and even then, you're still not going much faster than a car would... but get it into a corner and the 250 is in it's own element. Barrel of monkeys with a clown in the seat... just too much FUN! :D
:evil6:

250 haters GTFO!

Although, if I was a more experienced rider, I can see how it would be nice to have a 1000 for a street bike and be able to just have power absolutely everywhere and not have to shift up and down gears to get about. Not that I mind shifting but it was nice to be in 6th gear on the R1 and just roll on the throttle.

But for now, no f*cking thanks!

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder if they will ever require people to at least take a safety course or have to pass a minimal skills test to purchase these larger bikes, especially first time buyers. I am not into government control (disclaimer to avoid wrath of Fighting'FreedomDefender'Falcon") but they will not listen to advice, make it a requirement, like a helmet.
I would 100% support some sort of special license or program for machines like this. I was barely using 1/2 throttle, if that, in low RPM and it was more bike than I would even want to be sitting on day in day out.

I'm trusting my friend to keep taking it slow and not get himself in too much trouble. I wouldn't want his riding career to be short and sour because the 1000 he shouldn't have really bought bit him in the ass hard.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I would 100% support some sort of special license or program for machines like this. I was barely using 1/2 throttle, if that, in low RPM and it was more bike than I would even want to be sitting on day in day out.

I'm trusting my friend to keep taking it slow and not get himself in too much trouble. I wouldn't want his riding career to be short and sour because the 1000 he shouldn't have really bought bit him in the ass hard.
I'm not for more government governing but even if I was I don't believe special licensing would help. Too many unlicensed and permit-only riders running around already so another license setup wouldn't do any good. Education is what I think newbs that want big bike need. Newbs really can't comprehend the actual difference between a big bike and a small bike other than noticing the engine size difference and the top speed difference. Can't blame them really since they've never been on a bike and sampled the differences so they are truly blind. This is where we come in :) the blind need someone to see for them and guide them so we as the seeing ones need to show our blind newbies the safe way through the motorcycling world. Anyone I know that wants a bike I step up and feel out what they know and then fill in the blanks with good info and reasons why you don't want a busa for a first bike.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Nice to hear feedback from 1st time liter riders...nothing like that thrill

With time you get so used to it and is like WTF, this thing doesnt feel so fast anymore.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The 636 is my 1st bike and I was pretty terrified of it the 1st month or so, now Im ready to jump on a liter bike. I want the same feeling I had when I jumped on the 636, scared of going past 1/2 throttle for fear of flying off the bike. Now I realize its not so scary as I thought, but I still feel that any mistake on my part will be costly. A friend has an '08 R1 and it looks sick!!!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The 636 is my 1st bike and I was pretty terrified of it the 1st month or so, now Im ready to jump on a liter bike. I want the same feeling I had when I jumped on the 636, scared of going past 1/2 throttle for fear of flying off the bike. Now I realize its not so scary as I thought, but I still feel that any mistake on my part will be costly. A friend has an '08 R1 and it looks sick!!!!
i know what you mean man, thats how i felt when i got my first 600, then after i sold it thats how i felt when i got this 750, and now i wanna sell this and get a liter. too bad im running out of money, ill hafta settle down with the 7 for a while

1 - 20 of 34 Posts