Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, mt friend bough one and he let me ride it.thank god i bough the zx6r... lol the 600 gsxr sucks. i hated it and.. the seat was so hard, the bike just felt akward... and the power was just not there, our bike rocks and feels so much more powerful for its extra 36cc, its just amaing!! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
i think theyre more comfortable than the honda and yamaha. but i dont have any beef with my buddies GSXR...they sound kinda mean stock.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Originally posted by RedShft
i think theyre more comfortable than the honda and yamaha. but i dont have any beef with my buddies GSXR...they sound kinda mean stock.
I don't think anything is as uncomfortable as the Honda...the seats are hard as a rock. When I was looking at bikes, I was considering a CBR, but once I sat on it, my mind was made up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah, I sat on a new CBR the other day and the seat felt like a piece of wood. It also felt like I was sitting really high up on the bike compared to our and further forward. My buddies just bought a gixxer 750 and a 600 and they do have a nice exhaust note.

·
Registered
60 Posts
before I bought the 636 I was gooing to buy a 05 600RR. I had a nice 95 cbr900rr and sold it due to offered 5 grand. I went and sat on the honda and it had the same suck @ss seat and I didnt like the look of the fairing on the inside That I would see everytime I sat on the bike. the gauge cluster was awfull. funny part is a coworker bought a 05 and I had to ride it home since he has no m/c on his lic. The heat sheild on the right side of the honda get twice as hot as the 636. my right leg was hot and the engine never got above 6 grand. the seat was worse to ride on then when sitting still. I wasnt considering a 636 but after I sat on it i really like the seat and the grip part. the plastic that I see when looking at gauges looked very nice compare to the rest and the rotors looked wow. As far as performance I talked to a few local track racers and they sum of it was all the 6's perform the same so go with what you liked the best.The thing is we all like are bikes to be like the racers on tv but I think the ZX-6R with the seat position and other things make it best for the street. If I was a track guy Maybe something diff but I like my ninja hands down for what I do.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally posted by jiten42
well, mt friend bough one and he let me ride it.thank god i bough the zx6r... lol the 600 gsxr sucks. i hated it and.. the seat was so hard, the bike just felt akward... and the power was just not there, our bike rocks and feels so much more powerful for its extra 36cc, its just amaing!! :)
Did you get an amazingly powerful urge to go ride with shorts, t-shirt, and flip flops when you got on the gsxr? [:p]

·
Registered
527 Posts
My bud has an 05 Gixxer 600, and when I got my 06 636, he sat on it and said "Damn dude, I got robbed"...lol He has dubbed his bike the "nutcracker" do to its hard seat and propensity to slide you into the tank during hard stops...lol

GunRunner

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I feel the 636 has one of the most comfy seats of all, and I have sat on a few different bikes. Even when compared to the '03, the '05 is mucho better.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
Originally posted by tweakmon
I feel the 636 has one of the most comfy seats of all, and I have sat on a few different bikes. Even when compared to the '03, the '05 is mucho better.
I agree the 05/06 636 seat is much better than the 03/04, but even the 03/04 feels super comfortable compared to every CBR I've ever sat on or ridden. It's rediculous.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Now go get on the 750 and see how you like it... Its hard to compare a true 600 with our 636.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My brother had an 05' cbr600rr before he stepped up to the plate and bought a 05' 636.The damn thing was like riding a rock with the nutbuster included!The first thing he said after the 636 was "Damn....that rr is only good for a stunt bike and nothing else"Kawi fu----g rocks!:D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha, well i think we all know the kawi has great seats.. but what about the power, is it just me or do i feel like the 636 has a lot more power. to be honest when i took my friends bike for a spin, i jumped on the throttle and it felt absolutely dead. when it picked up, it felt ok but still nothing compared. on my 636 the front end powered up in first, and i didnt even have the jumper mod done yet. as for the gsxr, it didnt do anything. the 636 still kinda scares me sometimes but the gsxr feels like a toy. to answer your question, the tee shirt and shorts sounds like a good idea... haha :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
i sat on a buddys 06 gsxr600 last night and the hell with that uncomfortable, and another thing i noticed was that it felt like my damn hands were about 4inches closer together....felt like i was ridin a little kids bike.......does sound good stock though

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.