Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the free 1 year membership to ROK when I bought my '05 636. Now it is up and I'm curious about the value. I don't seem to get anything, including the magazine (unless I just don't remember it, but I think I would). How often is it supposed to come out? Are there any other ROK members here that can give feedback? Thanks!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya. Well, I found a special offer on the Kawi site. If you do a free rate quote for insurance at GEICO, you get a year ROK free. I did that, but I'm still interested to get peoples opinions. I don't really recall getting the magazine every 2 months, but I do get advertisements for Kwak's about that often. Is that the magazine?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Everytime I got the ROK magazine it was full of custom cruiser type kawis and very little on sportbikes. I think i may have received a sticker or something else...not sure.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
based on the responses (or lack thereof) and the fact none of us that have seem to remember much, maybe ROK needs a little kick in the butt to make it worthwhile. :(

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was disapointed that there was no ROK tent at the AMA races at Mid-Ohio. In fact there was not even a Kawasaki dealership present. The other manufacturers were present and some had courtesy tents for owners of their products giving away food and beverages if you showed your key or membership card.

I agree that ROK tends to be geared towards cruisers but I am guessing they sell a heck of a lot more cruisers than sportbikes so it makes sense.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really? I would think that they sell more sportbikes, but I could be wrong. That's a shame about the tent, though. Especially with the notariety the Haden's bring to the AMA's. Definately room for improvement here. One thing to say positive, however. A local ROK chapter leader made a phone call and was able to get the cruiser crew that was headed to Sturgis to stop at a Quaker Steak bike night. They had the trailer their and put out some of the custom builds they had done. It was cool, and they didn't have to do it, but it was close enough on their way through.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have never gotten the mag either. The only reason I even subscribed to ROK was for their ticket packages to the races. The package for MotoGp at Laguna was well worth it to me. Plus the roadside assistance, should I ever need it. I did the rate quote thing for another free year, so I have about a year and a half on my membership left.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj
what's ROK anyway?[:I]
Riders Of Kawasaki.

Basically a manufacturers club..

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
^^^Ahhh, I see...Well, what's the point being ROK member? Just to get a magazine or is there any usefull stuff, discounts or anything like that?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj
^^^Ahhh, I see...Well, what's the point being ROK member? Just to get a magazine or is there any usefull stuff, discounts or anything like that?
My best advice would be to check out the kawasaki.com website, and from there.. there's a link to the ROK or Riders Of Kawasaki (maybe worded differently) website. It gives details of the membership options and what you get with each package

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well when I was at the Lake George rally this year and last, someone told me that you can book kawasaki demo rides in advance if you are a member. They had a courtesy members tent and parking. Thus beating the crowd and securing yourself a spot for the bike you want to demo.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by Obiwan
Well when I was at the Lake George rally this year and last, someone told me that you can book kawasaki demo rides in advance if you are a member. They had a courtesy members tent and parking. Thus beating the crowd and securing yourself a spot for the bike you want to demo.
Only a few dealerships across the country participate in the demo rides.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is sad that ROK is sooo underpromoted. ANyone have an idea what can be done? Group KawiForums march on Kawasaki USA headquarters? [:p]

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I think he is talking about at specail events. Kawi sponsors the AMA stop at Infineon (Sears Point) and they have tons of bikes to demo, but you have to be a press member or a ROK member. Like I stated in the above post, it was well worth it for me to join, just for the MotoGP ticket. It more than paid for itself in the food and all the free drinks over the whole weekend.
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

Only a few dealerships across the country participate in the demo rides.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
If there are stickers involved, then it has to be worth it. My bike has no decals and needs all the stickers that I can get.

--David

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.