Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peace y'all....

Just landed a 09 KLX250s w 15,000 miles. Its my third week on it. Using it mostly as my commuter here in Los Angeles. So far I've cleaned the carb, changed oil and spark plug. This weekend I am replacing the bent bars/throttle/grips, chain and going from the stock 14/42 to 13/45 gear ratio. In 2/3 weeks ill be throwing in a new air filter and Dynojet + Q4. Looking forward to obtaining knowledge on the KLX through common maintenance, mods and forums.

If y'all have any other recommendations as far as maintenance on this lil boi with its current milage, please feel free to share as this is my first bike.

Hyped to join the community.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Congrats ! I have the same bike, except I turned mine into a supermoto.

Sounds like you got it all covered. Getting the jet kit tuned just right might take some trial and error and that carb isn't the easiest thing to remove/install. I think you'll like the Q4, has a nice sound but isn't TOO loud.

Welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats ! I have the same bike, except I turned mine into a supermoto.

Sounds like you got it all covered. Getting the jet kit tuned just right might take some trial and error and that carb isn't the easiest thing to remove/install. I think you'll like the Q4, has a nice sound but isn't TOO loud.

Welcome to the forum !
Rad. When converting yours to a super moto, what wheels did you go with? I read that the OEM KLX250sf wheels will transfer over to the S version no problemo. This true?

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Rad. When converting yours to a super moto, what wheels did you go with? I read that the OEM KLX250sf wheels will transfer over to the S version no problemo. This true?
that's what I used, the OEM kawasaki SF wheels. One thing to keep in mind is that you will either need to reuse your S front brake rotor, or get the caliper adapter bracket for the SF since they have different sized rotors.

Also you will need a speedo healer or something to recalibrate the speedometer since the front wheel is so much smaller. Mine was reading something like 90 when the GPS said I was doing 60. I used a 12 O' Clock labs one and it worked great.

KLX World: Converting S to SF

KLX World: Converting S front brake to SF

My bike, looks a bit different now that I have it setup for track only -

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rad. I went to the Hooligan Stampede last night in the city of industry and want to set my KLX up as a tracker. I would love to get in there and rip!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
That reminds me, you might want to check overseas vendors as well. There was a guy on another forum who found D-Tracker wheels from Thailand cheaper than he could get SF wheels even after shipping. Might be another option. These bikes are made in Thailand anyway... lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts