Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a rotary tool blade and drill bit to cut off the plastic to install a hotbodies untertail kit and a fender hugger?
I want something that will make it a quick, claen cut.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ward,I used my Dremel most people use it to cut their fenders off. Its a make a decent cut it, as you use it it seems to melt it a bit.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I also used a dremel tool. Just go slow while cutting (melting happens easy) and you should be fine. After your done cutting I got sandpaper and evened it out so it was the same length all the way around. I've gotten many compliments on my job!!:D Much cleaner look!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ditto, A small bit on a Dremel. I drew a line and cut along it and then took a piece of wood with sand paper and evened it out. We've done like 5 bikes this way, they all look really good. And it doesn't cost anything(if you have access to a dremel tool).
John

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i picked one up from a sears parts/service center(a rebuilt one) for $15.

·
Registered
348 Posts
yeap dremel is the best

just be sure to cut in stright level moves,
applying angled pressure will cause the cutting blade to snap or breakup
(depending on what kind of cutting disc your using)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi,
i just bought my used bike yesterday. Its a ninja, and i was wondering when cutting out the fender, what so yall guys use to replace the rear signals and license plate? Buying it or rigging soemthign up from the store. Picture would be nice =)Thanks.

YellowNinja

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.