Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering that if i get a 03 zx9r front rotor could i put it on my 00 zx9r or do u guys know if i can get a any other rotors and out it on my, maybe a 06 zx6r? :(

Thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
You can but you will have to make some spacers for the calipers to raise them up to accomodate for the extra height.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank u for the answers so i guess i cant do much with the 02-03 rotors. the truth is that i need some new ones bad and i trying to get it done cheap...
is there any rotors thats compatible with my bike. or can u guys show me a site that has information on it... :confused:

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can but you will have to make some spacers for the calipers to raise them up to accomodate for the extra height.
How can spacers raise the caliper up? If you installed spacers, all that would do is move the caliper outward away from the hub. You could make some adapter plates out of aluminum to relocate the caliper out from center to the correct position for the larger calipers though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How can spacers raise the caliper up? If you installed spacers, all that would do is move the caliper outward away from the hub. You could make some adapter plates out of aluminum to relocate the caliper out from center to the correct position for the larger calipers though.
The height of the rotors is all that is different so why would you want to relocate the caliper? I have done this on my front end since it came off a 05 636 and I used my stock rims and rotors from my 9R. By up I meant outward from the hub since the diameter is the only difference in the rotors. Now keeping that in mind, you will need longer bolts as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep but the difference is that your calipers are attached in a different way to the shocks so i cant do what you did. but im buying new ones right now its not realy what i had in mind but it dont matter anyway. but thank you guys any way!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts